Discontinued 3 piece spoiler gaskets

AaronB

Aug 4, 2012
Georgia
So i'm replacing the gaskets for the center spoiler piece to stop water leaks and 3 of the gaskets are discontinued, for the center "leg" and for the third brake light

http://www.lithiatoyotaparts.com/pa...ARDWARE&group=LIFT GATE&subgroup=REAR SPOILER

( #5,6 and 8 on diagram)

I ordered from a few places and all say discontinued. I'm wondering if anyone knows of another place, or recommendations for trying to reproduce them, etc. I have all of the other bits just need these.

Thanks guys and gals

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
I even check the international system when I was trying to source a set with no luck. I haven't got around to putting the spoiler back on yet but my plan was to buy a sheet of closed cell neoprene and cut out my own gaskets.

AaronB

Aug 4, 2012
Georgia
Unfortunately im thinking that may be the only option. My spoiler hasn't been removed yet, is the shape of the gaskets relatively easy to make? As long as it seals it works for me!

AaronB

Aug 4, 2012
Georgia
So I figure I'll just cut my own out for these. Does anyone know the proper thickness? I recall seeing 3mm but i'm not sure.

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
Seems about right. I was planning on digging what was left of the old ones out of where ever I bagged them and measuring but the body section of my build keeps getting postponed. I don't think its all that critical it be exactly like the oem seals, just needs to keep water out of the hatch and most aren't doing that anymore after 25 years.

AaronB

Aug 4, 2012
Georgia
You know, I haven't tried those yet. I sent an inquiry to Elmhurst and i bookmarked amayama as a backup. Thanks for the ideas Hybrid.