DIS-4 Problems

blackkarma

MoN-sTaR
Jan 17, 2007
jacksonville, nc
so before i box this ignition up and send it back to msd i figured i run my problem by everyone else.

i did a msd system test and i am only getting spark on 2 and 5 on 1,6,3,4 i have nothing....the msd itself keeps flashing 3x for intermittent signal. i tested all 3 of my coils which all work, it just doesnt make any sense to get spark on coil 2 but not 1 and 3

anyone have any idea

MK3Brent

Very expensive....
Aug 1, 2005
Greensboro and Greenville NC
And your tach adapters are wired correctly?
p1299570_1.jpg

Are you using the DIS4 Digital or Plus?
Are you grounding the 4th channel?
If you use the bypass plug, does your ignition work w/o the DIS box?

blackkarma

MoN-sTaR
Jan 17, 2007
jacksonville, nc
im using the dis-4 plus, yes the 4th channel is grounded, im using the stinger ems so i dont need the tach adapters and let me throw the bypass in and test it

MK3Brent

Very expensive....
Aug 1, 2005
Without the DIS in the circuit, the coils should operate from the stock ignitor configuration.

On my DIS4 Plus, if I made no selection for 2-step or max speed limit (0 and 0)... the ign. was limited to 2000rpms, which could limit the spark output to the coils like you're experiencing.

I would double check your wiring and their connections.

With the MSD 8224 coils, you have 4 wires on each... Are you wired up correctly on them?
(If you're using the 8870 interface module:)
8870.jpg

I find these guys extremely helpful to use.

blackkarma

MoN-sTaR
Jan 17, 2007
jacksonville, nc
im not going through the stock wiring the stock igniter was eliminated and i am straight wired to my stinger....the 8224 coils only have 2 wires going to each....but that is interesting because i put my 2 step on 0 i will change that back to 1 and try again

MK3Brent

Very expensive....
Aug 1, 2005
blackkarma;1299847 said:
im not going through the stock wiring the stock igniter was eliminated and i am straight wired to my stinger....the 8224 coils only have 2 wires going to each....but that is interesting because i put my 2 step on 0 i will change that back to 1 and try again

Well, it was just something I noticed.
The 2-step was set at 0 and so was my max speed rev.

I'm pretty sure that feature won't cause you trouble unless you supply it with 12V.

Make sure max speed is set to something higher than 0.

blackkarma

MoN-sTaR
Jan 17, 2007
jacksonville, nc
heres how my wiring goes:

the thick red wire is powered by the battery.
the thick black wire is grounded to the body.
the thin red wire is connect to the orange and black wire that use to power the igniter.
the 2 orange and black wires from the msd are tied into each other and then branch out into 3 separate wires which are the positive signal for the coils.
the white, green, and yellow wires are connected to the stinger.
the white and brown, green and brown, and yellow and brown wires are connected to there designed coil.
lastly the violet wire is grounded.