Did you use a oil pan gasket?

Mengosha

Aug 13, 2014
Hickory
Hello to all. New member here. In the process of replacing the all famous blown head gasket. Got a HKS MHG already and ARP head studs. Now I am wondering what I should replace the oil pan gasket with. Should I just purchase a gasket online or at my local auto parts store? Or should I go with a gasket maker sealant? I ask because a fellow 7MGTE owner stated he read online most people go with a gasket maker rather than a gasket cut out for the oil pan. Could not find anything specific so here I am. Please, no bashing. Any recommendations would be much appreciated! Thanks!!

super51fan

Jul 28, 2010
Indianapolis
I would get Toyota FIPG black. This is what the TSRM says to use. Last along time with out problems.

BTW you should have used it already in a few spots. Two dabs on upper timing cover below head gasket and on the corners of front cam caps in the grooves. Almost forgot the cam cover gaskets. Two dabs each cam cover on bottom of each hump that goes over the front cam caps.

Good luck with your car.

Mengosha

Aug 13, 2014
Hickory
Thanks for this info! I have not replaced my MHG yet. Once I have every thing I need I will then proceed. I will go with the Toyota FIPG. Is there anything else you guys would recommend while I have the engine out of the car?