did i break something...HELP!!!

rsaeini

padawan
Oct 30, 2006
SoCal
i just finished putting my car back together and i took it out for it's maiden voyage when all hell went wrong.
the car went from being bone stock to having the following installed:
-57 trim ct26
-hard IC pipes
-spearco replica IC
-BIC DDP
-cat delete and full exhaust system
-Greddy profec e-01

the install went fine...got everything where it needed to be, primed the turbo like you're suppose to before actually turning the car on. let it idle for a bit and warm up while i checked for leaks. it was holding idle at about 700rpms.
i pull out of my driveway and everything is still fine...i was keeping the revs below 4000rpms and i was heading to the gas station because i was fairly low on fuel.
i pump gas, turn the car on and everything is still cool until i actually start driving back home. the car is sputtering, bogging down, and there is white smoke blowing out of the tailpipe.
it even died on me a few times at the stop signs.
as soon as i reach home i'm checking for leaks and looking for anything that's obviously wrong. so i let the car cool down and i check the coolant and oil to check for possible signs of a BHG...nothing.
i let a few hours pass by and i go turn the car back on to check it out some more. the car starts right up and idles at 700rpms perfectly. i tried to drive it down the street and back again...still the same thing. white smoke, sputtering and bogging.

HELP ME PLEASE.
what's wrong with my car?

oh and there is no CEL showing, when i get a chance i'll actually see if there is one but it's just not popping up.
and i haven't pulled the spark plugs out yet to inspect.
probably going to do that tomorrow when i have some time on my hands.

madseacow

Apr 2, 2005
Buda, Tx
whoa, chill... it's not a dsm. do a boost leak test, pressurize the system. Check for codes (even if the CEL didn't come on) check all your tps connections (tps iac afm).

rsaeini

padawan
Oct 30, 2006
SoCal
bigaaron said:
Rich condition from huge vacuum leak would be my guess. Check ALL the ic piping, and all the plastic ic pipes, and the coupler from the 3k pipe to the throttle body.

i think you might be right on with that because my boost gauge wasn't really showing much boost. the maximum i recall it showing was about 3-4 psi.
i'm going to take all the pipes off and buy new couplers and see what happens from there.
i wonder if it might be the IC i'm using, might have a leak.

rsaeini

padawan
Oct 30, 2006
SoCal
madseacow said:
whoa, chill... it's not a dsm. do a boost leak test, pressurize the system. Check for codes (even if the CEL didn't come on) check all your tps connections (tps iac afm).

how do you perform a boost leak test on the IC pipes?

rsaeini

padawan
Oct 30, 2006
SoCal
i performed that pressure test on it this morning and found a tear in one of my couplers. so i replaced it and it fixed the problem.

Thank you so much for your help guys...you're the best. car is running like a champ now.