did compression test...passed..but still burning oil

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
so my car as you see in my recent threads was burning oil. it seems..from what I've watched..it does it sometimes on take off not very often, sometimes when I down shift like
going around a corner but when it really does it is on boost I would say 8psi or higher and when I let of the throttle after boost so vaccum is at like -24 then it also smokes but it's not like big clouds of smoke or a lot just enough you can see that it is burning oil
I did a compression test and all cylinders were within 10% I didn't do wet becuase it passed dry
now do you guys recomend trying anything else or does this sound like an exhaust seal on the turbo? it's still under warranty with driftmotion so I'd like to make sure it's the turbo before I send it back

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
none in the ic pipe checked that looked through the whole where the o2 sensor goes with a flash light didnt see any oil b ut that doesnt mean there isnt any i jjust got too lazy to take the dp off lol but ill check its under warranty so i get a free rebuild

jake8790

Life's too short for N/A
Dec 18, 2011
Oregon
Shaft play on turbo? When I blew a Driftmotion 57 trim it went from zero smoke to absolutely pouring out at all times.

BryanDyer

Jun 13, 2012
Georgia
no shaft
it just all of the sudden started whe. I got about 1000 miles on it
I broke it in for about 500 miles ne'er going above 5 psi