diameter of standard exhaust

Finnon

Mar 26, 2006
South Shields, Tyne & Wear ENGLAND
i need to fit anew exhaust pipe ona supra. im having a bit of bother getting a new standard type pipe. however i have seen a 2nd hand stainless pipe on ebay. its close to where the car is located. i just need to know if a stainless rear section would bolt to a standard front pipe if they were the same diameter. does anyone know the diameter of a standard pipe? is it 2.5 inch?

it looks an exact copy of a standard system apart from its stainless obviously

TomFraser

Finnon;1049964 said:
i need to fit anew exhaust pipe ona supra. im having a bit of bother getting a new standard type pipe. however i have seen a 2nd hand stainless pipe on ebay. its close to where the car is located. i just need to know if a stainless rear section would bolt to a standard front pipe if they were the same diameter. does anyone know the diameter of a standard pipe? is it 2.5 inch?

it looks an exact copy of a standard system apart from its stainless obviously

standard is 2 inch

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
cuel measured his at around 2.115 outer diameter...hm. Am I remembering wrong or did he just measure wrong?

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
I don't think it could be said to be consistently one size at all really. When I had to patch mine with a piece of fresh pipe we used a 2.25" pipe (I think that was OD, by the way). One side fit perfectly the other actually had to be filled a bit... If this is being asked for a repair job, I'd just measure the parts that are going to be coupled to be sure.

Hell, half the original pipe isn't even round. :icon_razz

Finnon

Mar 26, 2006
CRE;1050337 said:
I don't think it could be said to be consistently one size at all really. When I had to patch mine with a piece of fresh pipe we used a 2.25" pipe (I think that was OD, by the way). One side fit perfectly the other actually had to be filled a bit... If this is being asked for a repair job, I'd just measure the parts that are going to be coupled to be sure.

Hell, half the original pipe isn't even round. :icon_razz

yeah your right mate. it needs a new rear section. but the front pipe is ok. new standard pipe is about £120 and this stainless is for £65

Finnon

Mar 26, 2006
here is the linkt o the ebay srtainless exhaust.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-SUPRA-...ryZ10428QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

my friend is having some bother locating a new standard rear section for me. apparently there discontinued parts now.

the seller on ebay measured the flanges up for me and there 5 inch x 4 inch (from point to point) but im real unsure if the system will bolt up to the front pipe. especially as it apparently has a 2.5 inch bore. the gasket wont fit correctly will it?