Diagnostic problem need help!!

morpheus1

Sep 1, 2008
Sacramento, CA
Well yesterday, it was running fine when my check engine light came on, i wanted to know what code it might have been, so i took a paper clip and connected terminals t1 to e1, and the check engine light started flashing, like 5-6 times, then stopping. I fulled the FEI fuse for 30 sec (power was off) and now my boost regulator is off (car is all stock 7mgte and boost will carry to like 10 psi and fuel shutoff)-(it sort of boosts too high then the car stumbles, and boost lets off to 0). Also, (when i removed the paper clip) turned the car on, now it idle surges from 1000- 2000 rpms and then bogs lower to around 650rpms, after it has been started. (I left the paper clip in the diagnostic box and now it wont surge, (check engine light no longer flashes, but still stays on), but the boost still goes all the way to fuel shutoff (around 9 or 10 psi), how can i get it back to normal 6.8 psi?
Anyone know how to help?

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
It is normal for it to run rough for a few minutes after pulling the EFI fuse.

You will definitely want to re-check for codes.

And dumb question here; but, are you sure you're jumping T1 to E1 and not something different by mistake? :)

Last edited:

morpheus1

Sep 1, 2008
Sacramento, CA
CajunKenny;1120746 said:
It is normal for it to run rough for a few minutes after pulling the EFI fuse.

You will definitely want to re-check for codes.

And dumb question here; but, are you sure you're jumping T1 to E1 and not something different my mistake? :)

im shure it was Te1 to e1 connection.
The idle surge problem is now fixed after i went into the fuze box and disconected the main relay for 30 sec and plugged it back in again.
Now the boost still carries over 6.8 psi (the stock guage reads 8+) and the boost goes above that and the car suddenly stumbles (im shure due to stock fuel shutoff) now i need to know what i can do to keep it at a steady 6.8 psi.