DFW guys chime in

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
i know theres probably an old thread on this, but i dont feel like looking it up. ive met alot of the local mkiv and mkiii guys now, but if your in the dfw area just chime in, let us know where you are and what youve got. and we need to set up a meet before the year is out, ill have my car back up next month sometime and id like to make it to a meet.

Im in Arlington and ive got a 86.5 1JZ swap, its singled, cammed, and stuff

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
I'm just north of Weatherford which is a little west of Fort Worth. I've got a 1986.5. Stock for now with BHG and knock. I've got a gte motor being rebuilt for a swap. 87 gay blue turbo organ donor in the drive as well. I'm all for a meet!

FoolishOne

May 14, 2006
Bel Air, MD
I'm in for a meet. I am in Arlington quite a bit, as my fiance has family there. Although I may not bring the Supra (she's..umm...down), I will definitely show up. Just give me a time and a place.

»fo

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Looking to do something next weekend in The Colony... check out my help needed thread. Food & beer, $, (exchanged for some help).

We all need to get around to helping each other out and getting ready now to show up strong in Houston for TX2K8.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I'm Sean, I live in Fort Worth (around Keller)

See sig for what I have, and it's still down right now (installing clutch and hardpipes)

supra_driven

Jun 3, 2005
dfw
where were all you guys when my car was running. I used to stay in arlington. But, now i'm in dallas close to mesquite.

FernandoDLT

Apr 13, 2007
Texas
Im in Frisco. I have an auto 90' Turbo Supra. Its white with a targa top and completely stock. Id be willing to meet up some time

Freshmaker

Feb 3, 2007
Oconomowoc, Wi
I am a little further out, I go to college in Longview Tx. I have a 1jz in a 87 NA chassis. I currently don't have any more money to get it titled/inspected/licensed. I am from Wisconsin so I don't even know what inspection covers...

I did the whole 1JZ swap myself. I am not an expert, but if someone is doing a swap and needs some help write me a PM.

FernandoDLT

Apr 13, 2007
Texas
Texas Inspection covers tint, wipers, tire tread, lights all around, brake test, E-brake test, it cant have any fluid leaks from the master cylinder or brake lines, cant have any exhaust leaks, must have cats, They connect it to a computer to check some stuff, MIL light cant be on(check engine light) and the computer will know if you disconnected a cable from the battery so dont try it if it on, gas cap has to pass a pressure test, and since your car is an '87 it will have to take an ASM test(put on a dyno). On there they will run it at 15 mph and at 25 mph for 90 sec while they connect this tube thing to your exhaust to check your emissions. It will cost you 39.75(set by the state) and you will need a green sheet to register your car in texas. Im a Texas Certified Inspector, thank you very much!!! :naughty:

Last edited:

blackgamer16

Supra Driver
Apr 27, 2005
Sooner Country
Sup... am Tony up north from Norman, OK drive a 87 Turbo. I saw this thread and juss let me know when you guys do a dallas/forth worth meet. Hopefully we can get some guys from here or other states.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
the DFW guys seem to not meet anymore...

though we do have the yearly meet in Houston, and we also have the Austin Hill Country cruise (held in the fall and spring).

Me? I prowl the Keller area mostly...

buldozr

Jan 9, 2007
North Texas
Im Gary, '87 Gay blue turbo/5spd, Ghetto mods, I live around addison/plano area, Just picked up another Poopra(abandoned project), I cant wait to get bhg/knock, gives me an excuse to drop in my built motor. Till then, I drive it like I stole it :naughty: Personally I would love to get a meet going, I remember some of the mkIV guys used to meet off of the dallas tollway in plano(parking garage that overlooks the movie theatre) If anyone wants to set up a meet, Im there.

Alpinesupra

Cars never talk back
Apr 6, 2005
mckinney, tx
mckinney here!!
me and my girl. . . me.. 88n/a swaped turbo fully built with stock shit and trying to finish and get it running great and the girlfriend.. 89n/a needing rebuild but still running. . .

if there is anyone close to the mckinney area we have a car meet every thursday night at the texas road house here in mckiney right off of north 75 so if your close and have a supra or whatever thats modded (no ricers) please come always welcome.

thanks
-sean

Zach

ECUMaster USA
Apr 6, 2005
TX
Poodles said:
the DFW guys seem to not meet anymore...

Nobody's organized an actual "meet" in the DFW area in a long time. I go out to the Londoner on Wednesday every once in a while and I'm local to a few supra guys. No real regular official meets, though.

I'm in Denton, btw

Tgood

All throttle no bottle
Dec 16, 2005
ennis/dfw
Hey! I'm taylor I lived in arlington for about 3 months but now I'm back in ennis. I have meet a couple of the dfw guys at christians shop and when titan came to the texas motorplex in ennis. I have a 88 na targa that just died about a week ago. So I'm looking for a turbo car. If you have one forsale let me knw.