Denso map boost cut?

surffer227

Jul 28, 2014
I can't seem to get a straight answer on this. On my 1jz non vvti, If I have a Densi MAP sensor do I need boost cut eliminator to run more boost on stock twins? I'm shooting for 300rwhp so whatever psi that is will be what I run. And if I go big single later down the road will I need boost cut then?

Radial

Aug 20, 2011
Norway
2J and 1J map sensors are the same (just different physical design), so no change in boost cut there.

you need FCD to bypass the boost cut... and you should use it in combination with a Wideband oxygen sensor so you know you're not running lean.

In short terms:
the ECU fuel and ignition calculations STOPS at boost cut. Over this - And you are alone.
ECU is not giving you any more fuel, and you are "leaning" out the mixture. That requires a Wideband to have some sort of control.

surffer227

Jul 28, 2014
It's not a 2j sensor it's a denso MAP, it's aftermarket, supposedly to read higher bars

Radial

Aug 20, 2011
Norway
As said by thevork - Oem 2J sensor is made by Denso. (and is a 1,2 bar MAP sensor).
Aftermarket 2BAR Denso MAP sensors sounds very rare.

Do you have the Denso part-number on your sensor? That will probably link you to a 1JZ or 2JZ - as a direct replacement for the OEM one.