Decisions, decisions...help me out guys!

InvisibleMonkey

2JZ NO SPIT!
Sep 17, 2005
SNJ
Cliffs: Friend found a clean ass 1992 turbo auto with 36k original miles that is still owned by the original owner, he is willing to sell it to someone who will take good care of it. I don't know if i want to swap my 1JZ/R154 and exhaust into it or keep it all original with the automatic and 7M.

So here's the story, my friend just moved into a new house and while walking around the back during the day, one of my friends noticed a MKIII parked in the back of the house behind his. He went and talked to the owner who was talking about how he was the original owner, black leather interior which is supposedly in amazing condition, the back seats have never been sat in, passenger seat has a hole from someone that sat in it with a pen in their pocket and wouldn't start because the battery was dead. His wife apparently just drove the car to take his son to and from work and he told her to stop driving it once it got to 36,000 and it has been sitting since. He said it had new tires but they are dry rotted so the car probably sat for a while. The owner said to just go online and find out how much it's worth and make an offer. I'm going to go talk to him tomorrow.

Here's my dilemma. My car, as some of you know, has a mean dent in the rear 1/4 panel. I was hoping to buy this Supra and swapping my 1JZ and everything into it and parting out the damaged one to get the money back for the new one. All of my friends keep telling me to keep it all original because of the value of it and all matching VINs, etc. and that we can all fix the dent ourselves and get it painted, etc. This all sounds good and all but I'm genuinely torn between the two options because I plan on keeping ONE of the supras for the rest of my life. So help me out guys.

Also, storage isn't an issue. If the car is as good as my friend says, I will put it in my garage and just park the dented one outside.

I seriously am so anxious to talk to this guy I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight, lol.

Wish me luck guys!

Who

Supramania Contributor
InvisibleMonkey;1298852 said:
Cliffs: Friend found a clean ass 1992 turbo auto with 36k original miles that is still owned by the original owner, he is willing to sell it to someone who will take good care of it. I plan on keeping ONE of the supras for the rest of my life. So help me out guys.

Also, storage isn't an issue. If the car is as good as my friend says, I will put it in my garage and just park the dented one outside.

I seriously am so anxious to talk to this guy I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight, lol.

Wish me luck guys!

Touch it and bastardize a mint original low mileage Supra and I will personally start a poll on banning you....:sarcasm:

Seriously you answered your own question above. Don't change a thing not even the radio. The exhaust is probably rotted to hell from lack of use. Put in the HKS turbo exhaust that looks stock and enjoy.

Last edited:

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
whowouldfigga;1298879 said:
Touch it and bastardize a mint original low mileage Supra and I will personally start a poll on banning you....:sarcasm:

Seriously you answered your own question above. Don't change a thing not even the radio. The exhaust is probably rotted to hell from lack of use. Put in the HKS turbo exhaust that looks stock and enjoy.

I'm with "whowould figga" all the way!!!!!!!!

InvisibleMonkey

2JZ NO SPIT!
Sep 17, 2005
SNJ
Thanks you guys. I'm at my friend's house now. I went to the house and the wife came out, I told her I wanted to talk to her husband about the supra and she smiled and told me to come back in an hour. I'm excited and nervous about it. I really want this car but there's SO many things running through my head. I feel like a schoolgirl, LOL.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
InvisibleMonkey;1298979 said:
Thanks you guys. I'm at my friend's house now. I went to the house and the wife came out, I told her I wanted to talk to her husband about the supra and she smiled and told me to come back in an hour. I'm excited and nervous about it. I really want this car but there's SO many things running through my head. I feel like a schoolgirl, LOL.

how much monkey? i wanna buy it :sarcasm:

InvisibleMonkey

2JZ NO SPIT!
Sep 17, 2005
SNJ
reydio;1298985 said:
and if you do buy it, pics!!! we want pics!!!......nvm, just take pics.

I'd have to go back another day and take pictures. I didn't want the guy to think I was planning on stealing it or anything. Interior is amazing, has no rust at all, it's beautiful. He said he had 2 numbers of people imterested in the car but he did tell me he wanted to sell it to someone who would keep it and enjoy it as much as he did and that he had a feeling I would keep it, which he is correct, so no I'm not selling it to you if I get it, Julio. LOL.

He said he would call me in the next month or so and let me know what was going on. Wish me luck again guys! I need it.

InvisibleMonkey

2JZ NO SPIT!
Sep 17, 2005
SNJ
as promised...pictures!!!

i know they're shitty quality but they're pictures; and yes i blocked out the decal for the dealership and parts of the plate (one was a reflection of the car behind it)

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Zer0DeGreeZ

Feb 11, 2008
N. KY
ZOMG thats sex on four wheels. I want our supras to have babies if you get that. Does your supra like trailer trash? lolz, kidding.

Zer0

InvisibleMonkey

2JZ NO SPIT!
Sep 17, 2005
SNJ
LOL. I'm all for 1JZ swappage, but that would be straight up WRONG to take the interior out. I used to want Recaro interior but shadow gray is rare as fuck. I'm not going to butcher it.

mirage83

Mar 21, 2008
Georgia
InvisibleMonkey;1310252 said:
LOL. I'm all for 1JZ swappage, but that would be straight up WRONG to take the interior out. I used to want Recaro interior but shadow gray is rare as fuck. I'm not going to butcher it.

Seriously. Anyone even remotely suggesting that you should molest that '92 with the condition it's in needs to be waterboarded. Repeatedly. With battery acid.

Sweet ride.

InvisibleMonkey

2JZ NO SPIT!
Sep 17, 2005
SNJ
empera;1310288 said:
dont buy it monkey, i will...lol
nah get that shit man...now!

Trust me man, I'm doing my best. I have a feeling I may be bringing it to Englishtown in October, my dad saw the pictures and even said he'd put some money up and co-sign a loan if it gets to a point where the owner won't take what I'm offering.

I am all excited that things might actually come through and I might get this car. Wish me luck. I'll keep you guys posted if there are any updates.