Debating on what to purchase 1j or a 2jzge swap.

suprafreak123

Oct 23, 2013
Costa mesa
Hi Everyone,
I have a chance to score a 93 supra 2jzge swap for cheap.I been doing my homework and it seems the the bottom end it's just as strong as it brother twin. I been breaking my head on doing a 1jz or now this pretty good deal.
Any guide will greatly appreciated.

mjsn1

Oct 18, 2009
Qatif
This has been discussed many times, it all depends on what you want from the car. If you want a cruiser and a daily driver without bleeding your heart out, then get the 2J. And if you want a fast way of making power, but you will have to pay more, then get the 1J.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Back when 1JZ front clips from Japan were cheap, 1JZ was a smart way to go. Now it's essentially the same cost to go 2J and it's a better, larger motor with better parts availability...

525gte

Sep 19, 2011
hoquiam
I have never under stood this debate. Having seen both motors built and doing one my self. I belive the only difference in cost is the transmission ..the engine is the same cost to build. But as stated above as far as a no mod right out of the box swap do a 2j in the end you will be happier. If you do the 1j 1st ..In 1 or 2 years you will be wanting the torque of the 2j.. that will cause you to do it again.. In the end 2j is cheaper. As the sickness worsens

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
yes dead horse... i will say from personal experience i can go to a parts store and buy an ecu if i wanted for my 2j ;)

even though i will never need a new one. cant say that for the 1j so much.