dead in the hole

1986&1/2poopra

Sep 21, 2008
ithaca ny
My 7m-ge has a dead cillinder from 500- 3000RPM and only above about 1/4 throttle. I changed mu plugs, cap, & rotor. And I think I fixed all of my vaccume leks. can ya help?

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Injector? About the only other thing I can think of that would cause one cylinder to drop.

Well maybe one other thing....BHG

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
1986&1/2poopra;1144688 said:
My 7m-ge has a dead cillinder from 500- 3000RPM and only above about 1/4 throttle. I changed mu plugs, cap, & rotor. And I think I fixed all of my vaccume leks. can ya help?

So under a load, at low rpm, you have a noticable miss. Right?

My first thought is tune up parts, especially if you picked up yours at Autozone, or someplace similar.

You could also have a dead spot in the airlfow meter, as many people drive at a constant speed for many years. Although I don't think that is real common.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Could also be an exhaust leak (can't tell you how many times people have said they have a miss when it's just a leak)

mine has an exhaust leak at the header and right where the cat used to be...i've never noticed a skip...

Wiggle the wiring to the airflow meter, or if you have a spare one around try changing them out and see if you notice a difference.

How many miles on motor?

could have a ring, or seal valve leaking.

My black supra did that and would sputter because i didn't rebuild the head and it was dumping oil in one cylinder which = fail!

1986&1/2poopra

Sep 21, 2008
ithaca ny
yes I think I may just have a bad wire not conducting the spark until I spin the motor up a little bit. thanks a bunch for the feedback.

what is a "BHG"?