dash harness

survyor2

Jun 19, 2005
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
A/C on my car has never worked. Back in 2005 I was told it just needed a freon fill by the previous owner. I bought the car with all a/c parts inact. We converted it to R132a and filled it. I could jump the compressor and a/c works. So I replaced / tested every electronic part I could think of that has to do with the a/c (hvac controller, pressure switches, a/c control box behind the glove box, etc). No luck. I took it to a shop and they couldn't figure it out either. I'm thinking its something in the wiring. I removed the a/c compressor a few years ago but I reinstalled it this year. I'm installing a tweak'd performance engine harness this weekend and I'd like to replace the dash harness. The previous owner installed a security system which has been removed. I'm looking under the dash and I see disconnected wiring so who knows whats going on there. So I'm searching for a used harness.

90-92 years all the same? Turbo or NA matter? MT or AT matter?

Do I need to remove the dash to replace the harness? Probably easiest to remove it.

Thanks
Dennis

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
You would have to remove the dash... the source-target harness needs to be for the same trim/year/model.

The mid/pre 89 has different connectors than the 89+, like where the doors/rear body harnesses connect to. If you have a 91 turbo/auto chassis, get the 89+ turbo/auto harness. If you install a 5-speed harness, you would want to make sure that the neutral/clutch circuit is intact, etc. Integrating a different harness will be a complete PITA and you will wish you had just gone same-same, before going insane :)

Good luck!