miami
attachment.php

She looks good in the snow :sarcasm:

Gargoyle

Mar 13, 2006
Portland, Oregon
Supra-Man18;1207665 said:
She looks good in the snow :sarcasm:

She didn't look so good in the snow this morning.

That led to an hours worth of ice chipping so I could see out just the front and drivers side window on the way to work. :3d_frown:

Attachments

• snowresize3.jpg
    snowresize3.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 30

Steve_N

Mar 31, 2005
Louisville KY
www.cardomain.com
Gargoyle;1207341 said:
Anyone else having to deal with the lovely weather?

Brian

Great looking Supra. To bad you have to drive it in the ice & snow but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Been there myself. If you know before hand about a good chance of freezing rain wrap your windows in plastic. It worked for me very well. I got rolls of 6 mill plastic from Home Depot. I pre sprayed the glass with prestone de-icer & Wrapped the windshield & part of the side windows cutting off excess. I left enough on each side to close in the doors to secure it. When I got ready to leave for work I would just pull the plastic sheet off along with the nasty snow & ice in just a cpl minutes.

a_chowder1990

Nov 21, 2008
bellevue, washington
yeah i live in bellevue washington and we got 1 ft of snow last night, my car is under the snow

Attachments

• DSC03720.JPG
    DSC03720.JPG
    243.2 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC03722.JPG
    DSC03722.JPG
    258.7 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC03724.JPG
    DSC03724.JPG
    211.2 KB · Views: 6

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
No Sir.

When you start doubling and tripling the factory horsepower output on these cars,
They don't cling well to anything other than dry pavement. ;)

With that said, I've learned my lesson to keep the Supra(s) in the garage and/or under a car cover for the rough weather.......Having worry-free daily drivers are "FTMFW".

*edit* It was and is 3 degrees here...And dropping.
Wind chill factor (AKA "Feels like") -22*F.

It's ungodly cold here in Indiana. Quite possibly the coldest it's EVER felt.

Jeff

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
sm_photo_missing.jpg

heres my car stuck lol, its -4 and about a good 8-10in of snow and its still snowing, i took this picture about 5min ago! lol

toy fanatic78

addicted to toy's
Oct 17, 2008
Elkhart,IN
Boost Lee;1207972 said:
No Sir.

When you start doubling and tripling the factory horsepower output on these cars,
They don't cling well to anything other than dry pavement. ;)

With that said, I've learned my lesson to keep the Supra(s) in the garage and/or under a car cover for the rough weather.......Having worry-free daily drivers are "FTMFW".

*edit* It was and is 3 degrees here...And dropping.
Wind chill factor (AKA "Feels like") -22*F.

It's ungodly cold here in Indiana. Quite possibly the coldest it's EVER felt.

Jeff

Low today was -7 locally(live on the border of MI),w/o the wind chill.Been a few years since It felt this cold.Couldn't even ride snowmobiles in it as we've had only 2 inches of snow,just crazy low temps.

iHartSupra

Mar 21, 2006
Duluth, MN
Not a chance I'd DD my Supra. Jeep FTMFW.

-3 at the moment, -25 wind chill. Warmer than the last two days thank god.

Last edited:

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
We have not had as much here in Boise as of yet, it's windy as all get out though, some drifts are 12" or more deep.

Pretty much, it's about 6" at the most here. IMHO.

But it's still snowing/blowing.

I did shovel the walk, driveway and clean off both the Sedona and A8 that are in the driveway. (The Supra and FZ1 are inside the garage..)

Good news is that this week, the Van does not need to go anywhere, and I'm not on a time critical deal with work either. (When I get there, is when I get there.)

What woke me up is the 737 that slid off the runway in Denver. I was just there Thursday night/Friday morning.. We finally got into Boise about 3:40am, landing on ice and snow packed runways/ramp, and it was running through my mind that it does not take much to slide a jet off the pavement in this type of weather. (Happened to my boss a few years ago in Kalispell, MT. Nothing as serious as the crash in Denver however. That split the airframe, and ripped off a jet engine, so it was a pretty hard impact, and small fire afterwards.)

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
grimreaper;1207723 said:
and now its 33 degrees :)
got to love texas! back up to the 60's by tuesday

Hell yes!!!! We had now here in Houston about a week ago, 2 days later 75* and sunshine! 50-ish today. Don't like the weather here.....give it an hour and it will change. As far as a daily, Tundra FTW :biglaugh:

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
Wait till you guys come up north... you will see why most people including myself hate winter.
On that note, I don't drive my supra in winter, but my brother drives his. He says its wicked fun and very steady.