Cut harness, HELP PLEASE

t4boost

I gotta have my boost!
Mar 23, 2007
Arizona
Hi, well I knew I shouldn't have but I took my chances with osakajdmmotors and guess what? I got a cut harness. I e-mailed a few time with no such luck and I am in no financial spot to go and but another harness as much as I would love to have a jza70 harness just because it seams to simplify things. Ok so here are some pics for ya....

I was told buy Dr.Tweak that its the wires to the fuse box and the DLC. If they go to the fuse box cant I just cut what I need off the 7m harness and splice it in? all i would need it for someone to help me out a little and tell me which color wire goes to what.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Best thing to do is unwrap the harness and test/label each wire to connector. It should leave just a handful leftover, which would likely be the power/grounds, etc.

Then, you can decide on where you're running it (to the dash), to determine length and wires needed from the 7M harness. Either way, gonna take some work. The sooner you get started, the etter off you'll be.

When I had to re-do one of my harnesses that way, I gave my daughter a nickel for every beep we would get, when testing for continuity. If you have someone else around to help, it makes it faster.

sctwinturbo

May 14, 2007
new jersey
i most likely have all the wires and plugs you need
i wanted to built a custom harness with only the plugs i needed
pm me with your number or email address

t4boost

I gotta have my boost!
Mar 23, 2007
Arizona
Ok so I just started unwrapping the harness. Is the ecu pin out between a chaser and a soarer the same? I can see the whole continuity thing working. the only thing I don't really understand is once I figure out what wire goes to what is how do I find out where it goes? Is there an 1j EWD or would I just match it up with the ma70 EWD?

t4boost

I gotta have my boost!
Mar 23, 2007
Arizona

Let the fun begin! I can't really do much right now since my ohm meter is at work but I did find out that 6 of the cut wires go to the coil conectors and I found out 2 wires were just ground wires.

sctwinturbo, I got your email and I will let you know something as soon as I know exactly what I need. Getting the connectors is not that big of a deal for me, its finding out what they are is what I was curious about

And another thing, the wires to the coils are pretty chared up and burnt/cracked. Was everyone elses like that?

t4boost

I gotta have my boost!
Mar 23, 2007
Arizona
Quick question, does anybody KNOW FOR SURE it the ecu picout is the same between a chaser and a soarer? The part number on my ecu is 89661-22470