Supralover87

Beauty and the Boost
May 21, 2007
Ohio
I am trying to find valve shims in the thicknesses:

3.02mm
3.07mm
2.64mm

Does anyone know where I can find these?

Supralover87

Beauty and the Boost
May 21, 2007
Ohio
I looked at that site and while they offer a wide range they don't offer them as thick as I need them. The largest thickness they offer is 1 mm.:icon_conf

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
Your not going to find valve shims in those sizes. Just use the closest size to what you want. i.e..... 3.00, 3.05, and 2.65

The only other option is to go with the next larger size and have a machine shop surface grind them to the size that you want, but IMHO, not worth the time, money, or hassle....

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
Chris speaks the truth. You will not notice any difference if you grind them down. The difference you will notice is the hassle of finding a machine shop to do it right, and the cost.

Supralover87

Beauty and the Boost
May 21, 2007
Ohio
well Honestly I am going to have to get at least one ground down because there is no clearance with the existing shim. The valve is good though, just has no clearance. But I am hoping and praying that the lack of valve clearance is the cause of my hellacious valve tick. the other one's I can prolly skimp by on, It's just me being a perfectionist.:biglaugh:

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
I'm not following you at all. The valve lash spec is 0.15-0.25 mm intake and 0.20 - 0.30 mm exhaust.

The difference between min lash and max lash is 0.10 mm in both cases. Toyota sells shims that are in .05 mm sizes, so you can always find a stock shim that will get you well within the specified tolerance.

Supralover87

Beauty and the Boost
May 21, 2007
Ohio
I have talked to multiple Toyota dealerships and machine shops, and NONE of them have access to what I need.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Lover: How 'bout fixing the root cause rather than mickey mousing it? That said read 3p's post again.

Boswer: I do that searching for an explanation when a poster has a problem that doesn't seem to make sense. Look at the dimensions of the shims she wants plus the comment "there's no clearance with the existing shim". What could be a logical reason behind those two things?

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
Supralover87 said:
I have talked to multiple Toyota dealerships and machine shops, and NONE of them have access to what I need.

Thats because they dont exist. Like I side before, the only way that you are going to get the sive that you want is to have larger ones ground / lapped down to the size. Again, not wort the hassle or money......

also, no clearance is not going to cause noise. excessive clearance is what causes noise.