Custom made gauge cluster help

ghynes440

May 8, 2015
Pennsylvania
Hey guys, Does anyone know of a person that makes like a fiberglass or metal gauge cluster panel for the mk3 supra? I want to remove the existing whole gauge panel and put a fiberglass or metal sheet in its place. I'm installing all aftermarket gauges, this way I can cut and install them the way I want.

any help would be appreciated thanks!

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
You mean like this?

p2064440_1.jpg

No one makes anything. You'll have to go custom.

ghynes440

May 8, 2015
Pennsylvania
Thanks! I just looked through your build also. Beautiful work man, love the car. Can't wait till my car is all done.

Did you tap into the existing wiring harness behind the cluster for your power, ground, and signals? Or I'll just run new signal wires to the aftermarket sensors.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Thanks! I used the existing harness for some things and ran mostly new. I used the original illumination, Tach, and fuel level wires. Along with the turn signal and high beam indicator wires. Pretty much everything else is custom run. Its a bunch of wires and i still need to add more. I have 2, 8 pin GT150 delphi connectors (very nice connectors BTW) and i had to buy another connector because theres more i want to include in the dash. Other indicator lights and switches.

ghynes440

May 8, 2015
Pennsylvania
nice! I'll have to look at those connectors. I was thinking about running two power bus bars for power and grounds. This way I have all the wires going into the block rather then having to run every single wire. Although I will have to run a few signal wires for various things. Just trying to the cleanest way possible. Putting connectors is a good idea this way if you need to remove the dash you just disconnect it.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Yea i ran a single power/ground wire threw the connectors for all the gauges to share. They dont draw much. Just daisy chained them on the back on the gauge panel. I would highly recommend a connector to make dash removal easier. Unplug and remove when need to and then just plug it back in when reinstalling. Wont have to touch the gauges at all.