Custom eyelid headlight covers from RACINGRAVEN on EBAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbsupra90

Banned
Dec 5, 2011
Great Neck, New York
Just wondering if anyone has had experience with this company. Whether it is better to go with cf or fiberglass. And if fiberglass, should they be painted. If anyone has ordered these products I am curious what your experience with them has been. Are they a quality product? How hard is it to fit after removing original metal covers. Please check out racing raven on Ebay. I do not know how to upload the link. Look for MK3 headlight covers for Toyota Supra . They have nice intake scoops and raised lines which gives the nose a more aggressive look. Please chime in if anyone out there has ordered from them and what their experience has been like. Has anyone had fibglass painted? Did the color match your car? You have the option of having them painted if you give the company the color code and yr of vehicle. But still......doesn't guarantee a good match. Just wondering if anyone has looked into this. thankx

yhatzee89

Joe Yantz
Aug 31, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Dude, eBay vendors change names once a week. Your best bet is to just buy them and see. Plenty of people on here have the vented headlight covers, so you can assume they aren't that bad of a fit

P.S. posting multiple threads asking the same question worded slightly different isn't going to bear you the answer you wanna hear. Just get you a lot of sarcasm instead. Food for thought...

pbsupra90

Banned
Dec 5, 2011
Great Neck, New York
Understood....yhatz... I originally put the question in the for sale section. I unfortunately grew up in an area where people were a bit spoiled, and kinda do what they want to do...regardless of the rules. However, I did not realize the first time the thread was in the wrong place. So I re asked the question in the general info thread. Your right...people just make fun of you. You don't want to get shunned by a community that you have something in common with. Won't happen again. Thanks for the info. I will let you know how they look soon.
Also been catching a lot of heat about my asking price for my car. I have seen other 90's going for the same amount give or take a grand or two. I just thought the combo of excellent condition, low mileage, everything new including tires, battery, struts, brakes, water pump, and the list goes on.....and rarity, I could ask a high price of approx. 15k. I see that is not the case. I have seen a number between 10-12 k . I mean man...there are only a few hundred 90 turbo's in the whole US!!! They only sold a 1000 turbos out of 6000 Supra in total for that yr. That's very rare. I never seen one on the road. Take a look at my for sale thread. 90 Supra Turbo in dark blue pearl metallic. I think 12.5K is a very fair price. I even feel it's a bit low. I have poured thousands into the car redoing the interior. Not to mention time, blood, sweat, and stress keeping the car looking the way it does. My advice to a Supra owner. If you want your car to stay looking nice, garage it, and try to park your car away from other cars. The nose and back are very vulnerable if someone backs into you. And there isn't much protecting the sides from dings etc. Take a look and tell me your thoughts. I am relatively new to this site, so any answers from the veterans are welcome.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
89 had a better steering wheel, 91 had better wheels, 90 had the worst of both.

NA MKIV goes for the prices you're asking. Hell man, look at this and figure out why you're wrong: http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?175913-Rajunz-MKIII-Show-Car-15-000-Austin-Texas (it sold for $12,500)

Regardless, on your original question, of course you paint fiberglass... You can also paint carbon fiber if you want to. Any body shop worth anything can paint match easily as well.

pbsupra90

Banned
Dec 5, 2011
Great Neck, New York
I see what your saying. Nice wheels on that car. I guess 10k would be the best I could expect. If a car like that went for 12.5 K. The MK4's are worth real money. Just don't understand why people don't care too much for a 90. I liked the wheels on the 90 much more than the 91-92. I liked that saw tooth look. The later wheels looked cheap in my opinion. Not the kind you would find on a 40k car. It's really a matter of taste. But I like the 90 the best because of the saw tooth wheels(that plastic four spoke crap you never did it for me), and I like the steering wheel on the 90 better. Someone told me a bought a very nice 88 with low mileage for $9100. I have seen a number of 90's going for 12k on cars.com. Nobody may car about a 90 stocker any more, but they sure take a good look at my car. Maybe I should just drive around my area with a for sale sign.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
Asking price of 12k and selling are two separate things. Honestly, if u cut your asking price in half, I doubt you'd receive much more interest. If you're in no hurry to sell, then by all means ask whatever you want for it. Bit if you actually want to sell the vehicle any time soon them you'll have to be a little more realistic on your asking price.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
what's a good selling price varies a lot by region. Cars in good condition are worth a lot more money around here where we have to deal with crappy salted roads 7 months a year.

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
If the car is for sale, what's the point of spending money on cosmetic upgrades?

I mean, the next buyer may be turned off by such things....

And I feel the need to comment, I turned down 2 immaclate mk3's garage stored, rust only one exhaust pipes for 8k & 6k due to wrong color wrong year....(Ontario cars, where salt is the solution to winter)

For the money your asking there should be a whole bunch of photos (better quality) and underbody.....

pbsupra90

Banned
Dec 5, 2011
Great Neck, New York
Dan_Gyoba;1946207 said:
what's a good selling price varies a lot by region. Cars in good condition are worth a lot more money around here where we have to deal with crappy salted roads 7 months a year.
That's true Canadian Supra guy! I guess certain parts of Canada can be difficult for a delicate Supra. My area in NY is pretty kind to cars. You are not near salt water, we don't get much snow, it doesn't get too cold, and over the summer it doesn't get too hot. Where I live everything it top dollar. I honestly have not seen another Toyota Supra in my entire county of over 1,000,000 people. I live in a town with 30,000 people I think one other person has a Supra. I thought rareness added value.

pbsupra90

Banned
Dec 5, 2011
Great Neck, New York
#04;1946233 said:
If the car is for sale, what's the point of spending money on cosmetic upgrades?

I mean, the next buyer may be turned off by such things....

And I feel the need to comment, I turned down 2 immaclate mk3's garage stored, rust only one exhaust pipes for 8k & 6k due to wrong color wrong year....(Ontario cars, where salt is the solution to winter)

For the money your asking there should be a whole bunch of photos (better quality) and underbody.....

Because I am not sure I am going to be able to sell it! So I wanted to look into something to give the car a more aggressive look. I agree I have to take more photo's and they have to be of better quality. The underbody is excellent. Car is garage stored and we don't get much snow in my area anymore. New York is pretty mild during the winter. Not like the good old days where we would have snow before Christmas. Never happens. Barely had any snow this winter. No rust underneath. Just needs a little cleaning, spraying, degreasing. Car is like new. But I guess even in mint condition it's worth at most 8k. Upsetting considering how much time and money I put into the thing. Replaced parts like tires, struts, battery, and neoprene interior, brakes et al.........I don't know if you have had this problem, but when I try to UPLOAD more pics the circle keeps spinning and does not allow new pic to be uploaded. I have more pics. Any solution to this problem. Is there a maximum amount of pics you can have stored?

Status
Not open for further replies.