ct26 upgrade question

soupersupra

Apr 7, 2008
Spokane, WA
so ive been looking at getting the 57 trim ct upgrade for 7m from driftmotion. I reached out to a buddy local and he made a few phone calls and he got a response from turbo lab of America I believe and said they can do a 3076 upgrade for like 400. but I know very little about turbos and hope somebody can shed some light on this. I don't want to dip into the 60 trim or 60-1 as ive read not so favorable in reliability and such... current mods on the car are driftmotion new intercooler kit, 8.5 mm plug wires magnecor, act stage 3 clutch, fidanza lightweight flywheel, manual boost controller, apexi intake, 3" turbo back with hks super drager. im working on buying lex afm, 550s, and afpr. have but yet to install: safc2, aem eugo.

note- 88 supra turbo 7mgte 136k miles

any knowledge would be greatly appreciated

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
Driftmotion did my 57 trim too and ceramic coated the hot side, have about 30k miles on it now

DSCF0251.jpg
DSCF0255.jpg

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
I just got my Turbonetics Hifi back from Turbo lab of America. You will not find a cheaper place to get turbo work done. That being said, took me 2 months to get my turbo back. Not to mention, they said I needed to have my bearing housing replaced which I agreed to. Received my turbo back with a dry bearing housing when the one I sent them had ports for coolant lines. They never gave me the option which I think is really f#cked up since I assumed they would replace it with an identical housing. I had to send the turbo back to have the housings swapped over. They're making me pay the shipping to them too. I never discussed with them if I need to pay extra for the new housing, for the labor involved in swapping the internals or for the return shipping. Hopefully they'll step up and eat it all for my inconvenience. I mean Ian and Austin seem like straight shooters, but if I have to pay for another rebuild due to THEIR oversight, I will have no problem putting them on blast. Now I only paid $240 for the rebuild (new bearings and seals), new bearing housing and to have my wastegate flapper arm remove and replaced with a 12mm bolt and they paid for return shipping. That is damn cheap. I couldn't even do it myself that cheap with cost of parts. Really sucks about the center housing being oil cooled only. I'm set on keeping my coolant lines.

Last edited:

soupersupra

Apr 7, 2008
Spokane, WA
hmm thats good information... i did hear ian is really busy lately working on a gt4? or something along those lines and that would give me a hint that i wont get it back in quick order. i might just stick with what i know and do a 57 trim and hopefully billet wheel. but if its gonna take months im gonna pay and have driftmotion do it.