CT26 Braided oil line. Which one is best bang for buck?!!

SaucyTuRkLeBiRd

Jan 13, 2014
Monash, ACT
Hey guys, I need help with choosing a Braided oil line kit for my stock 7mgte with a ct. Lets face it, the steel hard pipe is the biggest pain in the ass
My friend is running a Kinugawa kit that came with his, but the diameter of the drain is too small, caused his seals to leak.
Which one do you guys use?
Thanks for the help!
-Dan

1James

Lurker
Mar 19, 2009
Bay Area, CA
If you are looking for a full solution, check out the Driftmotion kit. I haven't looked back since I got mine.

Just be sure to orient the gaskets correctly (15471 and 15473):
10275377_10100279685694554_1103130190959226934_o.jpg

SaucyTuRkLeBiRd

Jan 13, 2014
Monash, ACT
Yeah I was going to get that. That one looked the best. But it's gonna end up to be like 170-$180 to get it posted here. And I messaged aaron about providing some specs, and he didn't reply as usual... So F#@$ him I might just get one custom made here in ACT lol
Thanks man

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I bought the CT25 softline kit from Driftmotion, no complaints just have to pick up some thread sealant from home depot for the small line to the block other than that it fits great and no leaks or any issues.

SeeUSmile

Nov 22, 2012
Australia,Victoria,Melbourne
From memory the drift-motion drain lines were 10AN.... Shame to hear about the kinugawa, was actually looking into them for the same reason being that it's local for us aussies, didn't think a 8-AN or 1/2" drain was too small for our turbos.

super51fan

Jul 28, 2010
Indianapolis
Whats the big deal of hating the OEM steel line. If you do your work properly it should be years before you would need to remove the line anyway. So the nuts are hard to get to. Buy more tools. I personally pull the nuts and studs off turbo before turbo and or head removal. BTW use engine hoist while R@R head. Leave all manifolds on and just pull wire harness with head. Good luck.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
super51fan;2011417 said:
Whats the big deal of hating the OEM steel line.

People think they can do anything because they were told this bullshit in school. The line is not hard for me to do, I can remove the assembly in my driveway in less than an hour. Then again, I am a professional technician, unlike many on this board.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
I honestly don't see a point in running anything else other than the stock lines if you're on the stock ct26. It works and drain fine, i'd leave it the way it is.

SaucyTuRkLeBiRd

Jan 13, 2014
Monash, ACT
Thanks for the responses guys.
To you guys saying "just keep the stock hard line" or whatever. Normally I wouldn't spend money on something like this. But a braided line is going to be super beneficial considering the circumstances. There are a few of reasons that I am not sticking with stock.
1. My flange is mangled. It's warped and has deep scratches. (Don't ask me how it happened, tbh no idea) so it will no longer seal and leaks oil.
2. I don't actually have a Supra I have a Z20. And it is stupidly hard to get to everything because things are in slightly different spots then, wiggle free the turbo.
3. It took me about 2 hours to get my turbo off after everything was actually un-bolted. So much rough shaking to get the job done. The turbo I presume will be very hard to get back on the way it is.

Removed the head off my mates 7M Supra and the turbo came off in literally 10-15 minutes after initially starting to unbolt everything. That was purely cuz I didn't have a steel hard POS in the way lol

-Dan

rdaigle44

Mar 6, 2014
Tinley Park, IL
SaucyTuRkLeBiRd;2011136 said:
Hey guys, I need help with choosing a Braided oil line kit for my stock 7mgte with a ct. Lets face it, the steel hard pipe is the biggest pain in the ass
My friend is running a Kinugawa kit that came with his, but the diameter of the drain is too small, caused his seals to leak.
Which one do you guys use?
Thanks for the help!

Did your mates car smoke with the Kinugawa kit on? Just curious because I just installed this kit after I rebuilt my turbo and my car seems to smoke more than before I rebuilt the turbo. I thought I read someone elses thread saying that the drain line is too small, but that doesn't make sense to me. It doesn't seem any smaller than the stock drain pipe? It does seem to be a little long though, and that's what I was thinking might be causing it to smoke. I haven't had the chance to investigate any further yet, so I'm not sure what the issue is. That is the only problem I see with that kit, is that the drain line is long, but can probably be modified if that turns out to be the issue. For me, my stock pipe had a hole in it so I decided to go with braided lines. Pieced together a kit off eBay. Only cost me about $91 US. to my door.

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
the hard pipe is easy once you get the hang of it. I had a soft line kit but it kept leaking. If you insist on going softline get a nice kit like AZ otherwise stick with stock.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Since you have to go with an aftermarket kit get the AZ ones. A lot of people have had good reviews on it so far.

vdragonmpc

tireflaminrumpshaker
Apr 11, 2005
Colonial Heights
www.joncjennings.com
I have the MD Motorsports one. He was a vendor on here I think. Great guy to work with he may sell it through Driftmotion or suprasport. I have not had any issues and AN fittings make life good. Its been a while but when I bought it he was able to talk with me on the phone as I had some issues. He also helped me with other stuff so I recommend him as a stand up vendor.