CT26 60-1 rebuild

concealer404

Crapbox Racing
May 10, 2010
Indianapolis
Hi guys,

I recently tracked down a CT26 60-1 hybrid for a good price and snatched it up in hopes of just having to clock it, weld the wastegate shut, and run it in place of the stock and tired CT26 i run on my daily driver MX6 this Spring.

I was told by the seller that the turbo was only 5,000 miles old. (I trust him.) There's no side to side shaft play, no oil deposits or anything.

But it's like a thrust bearing is bad. If i grab the shaft on the exhaust end, i can move it almost a good 1/4" in and out.

So my question is: Is there a special rebuild kit for one of these things? Or can i use a Toyota rebuild kit? I never really looked much into it because i was planning on just having my stocker rebuilt and then continuing to push it to 25-28psi like i've been doing for the last couple years with no issues. More power is nice, though, so i jumped on the 60-1. :icon_razz
:naughty:
Thanks in advance for any help!

concealer404

Crapbox Racing
May 10, 2010
Indianapolis
claytonwes_2;1925388 said:
25-28 psi on a stock ct26?
Sent from my LG-C900 using Board Express

Yep, could probably push it further, to be honest. It's showing no signs of dropping off and my IATs are still well within safe range.

GreenChevelleSS;1925389 said:
Possible on a 2.2L 4 cylinder like hes got it on.

Bingo. Kicks like a mule, holds to redline.

mattsplat72;1925391 said:
I would contact Albert he has a thread on here selling rebuild CT's

Is "Albert" the screen name on here? Thanks!

Here's a video illustrating what's going on with the turbo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6u6F9PojkI

Ignore my hick-sounding voice. Allergies were playing hell. :p