Ct12a soft oil lines & other random Q's

Ineedfire

Jul 12, 2012
Australia.
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com.au/viewitem?itemId=181081719974

[if the link doesn't work, eBay search for "ct12a oil lines"]

Would this kit be a complete bolt on? I destroyed one of my oil feed lines upon removal of the twins, I didnt think i would be re-using them at the time.. Thoughts on the items? Anybody had experience with them?

Other random q's so I don't make a thousand threads.

Would a 255 in tank pump be overkill for stock twins running 13-18psi?

I think i need to upgrade injectors as I think they are the reason the engine was missing when it was in my donor car. Would rev clean but hold it at any rpm and it would miss. New plugs new coils. Thinking of just picking up some 2jz 440cc items.

Radial

Aug 20, 2011
Norway
according to the picture, yes all the parts you need are there.

But the downside, is that on stock CT12's the center cartige oilfeed is facing all but hot surfaces....like the manifolds etc....thats where the stock Hard-lines come in handy as they tolerate enormous amounts of heat under the heat-shields, and they are bent away from the heat sources. On softlines you cant have the same angles on the hoses etc, so things can get really hot if you're not very careful.
But I am afraid those china-style softlines will probably melt or similar with the heat... it's a gamble you will have to decide. Make your own custom oil-feeds perhaps, with decent quality PFTE-lines. They are quite easy to make, and you can get them away from all the heat sources.

But yes...allt the pars are there.... but notice, no water-lines are on the kit... CT12 without water-cooling will suffer extreme bearing heat at 18psi.

Ineedfire

Jul 12, 2012
Australia.
Radial;1916116 said:
according to the picture, yes all the parts you need are there.

But the downside, is that on stock CT12's the center cartige oilfeed is facing all but hot surfaces....like the manifolds etc....thats where the stock Hard-lines come in handy as they tolerate enormous amounts of heat under the heat-shields, and they are bent away from the heat sources. On softlines you cant have the same angles on the hoses etc, so things can get really hot if you're not very careful.
But I am afraid those china-style softlines will probably melt or similar with the heat... it's a gamble you will have to decide. Make your own custom oil-feeds perhaps, with decent quality PFTE-lines. They are quite easy to make, and you can get them away from all the heat sources.

But yes...allt the pars are there.... but notice, no water-lines are on the kit... CT12 without water-cooling will suffer extreme bearing heat at 18psi.

Might make custom lines then. Would it be easy enough to do the same for custom water lines? The ptfe lines you're talking about are the braided stainless lines with -#an fittings? What size would you recommend?

Radial

Aug 20, 2011
Norway
PFTE hoses are the only AN-hoses ones that withstands high oil pressure and high temperatures. Always use PFTE on high pressure sources with fuel/oil.
AN6 and AN4 are common feed-sizes...use whatever suits you, preferably AN-4 (standard for turbo oil feed) as its very slim and flexible, and therefore easy to route away from heat sources.

Waterlines quite easy...but think about the heat, and getting it leakproof. Think and plan your actions regarding heat and connections.

Ineedfire

Jul 12, 2012
Australia.
Radial;1916126 said:
PFTE hoses are the only AN-hoses ones that withstands high oil pressure and high temperatures. Always use PFTE on high pressure sources with fuel/oil.
AN6 and AN4 are common feed-sizes...use whatever suits you, preferably AN-4 (standard for turbo oil feed) as its very slim and flexible, and therefore easy to route away from heat sources.

Waterlines quite easy...but think about the heat, and getting it leakproof. Think and plan your actions regarding heat and connections.

Awesome info thanks so much!
Do they need/supply gaskets with the fittings. Or do I reuse the gaskets from the factory ones..?

Any tips in particular with the leakproof part of the water lines? At least if I stuff that up its easier to clean than oil lol.

I have to visit my local hose shop for a custom slave cyl line since my hard line is kinked. Ill see if they have the materials I need for the oil and water lines as well! Thanks!

Ineedfire

Jul 12, 2012
Australia.
boostintrdstyle;1918169 said:
I have a set of oil drains and feed if you want them and I have a set of mint turbos too

Thanks mate but I've got a spare pair coming :)
Bought the cheap lines for lols. Will see the quality and such when it arrives. Might do a write up on them if I have time and feel confident that they would last. Otherwise ill run the factory hard lines and such until I send my spare set of twins to Albert for upgrading.