CT oil feed nuts

DigityD'87

Feb 27, 2008
Portsmouth, NH
how do you guys get those damn nuts of the bottom of the turbo. I've tried nearly everything except whipping out the saws-all (wich i would have done by now if i didnt have to somehow bolt the new turbo back on). So far i've taken off my accordian, turbo to intercooler pipe, downpipe elbow and the turbo actuator. I still only had enough room to get the nut closest to the fender. Any tips would kick ass.

thanks,
dave

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
go underneath the car with extensions and a swivel. or you can remove the drain off the block and the feed of the banjo bolt.

DigityD'87

Feb 27, 2008
Portsmouth, NH
Damn, i was hoping i wouldn't have to do unbolt it from the block because I was able to get one nut off the turbo. But if that's the proper way then thats what i'll do. Just thought there might have been something i was missing. Thanks

NTRA08

TWINKY
Jun 10, 2008
Conroe, Texas
How about you remove the down pipe. Get a 6 inch extention, 12mm socket, and a ratchet. Its not as hard as you making it to be. you just have to know how to get your arms and hands in there.:sarcasm:

DigityD'87

Feb 27, 2008
Portsmouth, NH
NTRA08;1278706 said:
How about you remove the down pipe. Get a 6 inch extention, 12mm socket, and a ratchet. Its not as hard as you making it to be. you just have to know how to get your arms and hands in there.:sarcasm:

1- Duh
2- I'm 6'6'' 210lbs so its difficult for me to get my sausage fingers in any kind of crevace.

And i've allready bent the everliving shit out the line anyhow. I actually considered cutting it in half to remove the turbo because i've got 3 spares but then i would somehow have to get the new turbo back on. I think I'll just pick up a swivel tomarrow and see how it goes from there.

By the way...this turbo has the most shaft play i've ever seen (3/4'').

NTRA08

TWINKY
Jun 10, 2008
Conroe, Texas
I'm 5'11", overweight, and have one thumb. Now you tell me what your problem is. Why don't you just unbolt it from the block. Its much easier. :cry: