ct 26 question

Greyscorpion

Feb 5, 2011
Washington
ok so I found this guy claiming to have a t4 ct26 that he wants to sell, says he dont know much about ct26s and dont know how much its worth but says this one is t4 and for a damn good price. so im thinking 60-1 maybe bigger send me a picture right

Im no expert either but this kinda looks like a stock 26 lol
p1843827_1.jpg

Cyrus

Apr 21, 2008
Bay Area, CA
hard to tell from that photo. would be better if it was a straight on shot of the compressor inlet.

all the 60-1's ive seen have had an inlet that is roughly the size of, or slightly larger than, the circumference of the stock wastegate. the inlet on that picture looks smaller than the wastegate. best way to tell would be to get him to measure. if it is an upgraded ct-26, the inlet diameter on the housing will be larger than stock (which is about 1.75" at the compressor wheel).

here is a 60-1 upgraded ct26 next to a stock ct26:

XItka.jpg

CT26vsT4.jpg

Last edited:

peste noire

Jan 11, 2012
los angeles,CA
From what I've seen I haven't seen a t4 ct26 (the ct26's have there own stok fit don't know what the size it's called if there is any name for it) and as far as the 60-1 it is compared by the compressor wheel so you can't really tell with out a clear look at the wheel but for sure!! That's not a t4 turbo.

Greyscorpion

Feb 5, 2011
Washington
yea thats what i told him and he said that he was told it was a t4 but hes asking 140 for it im thinking of talking him down i wish it was a 60-1 dying to get one of those

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Looks like a bone stock used ct.

When they upgrade them the inside of the inlet get machined and is a lot thinner.

Simple measuring tape would tell you if it's t4. Highly doubt it is. Guy prolly crazy. If its in good condition maybe. But it might not be. See if it has shaft play.

Greyscorpion

Feb 5, 2011
Washington
says it has "very minimal" but i read that all the time so dont know what the credibility of that statement is. whats the going price on a used ct 26?

Green7mgte

Dec 30, 2009
North Canton, Ohio, United States
human gauging of very minimal.. like "yea I can wiggle it with my fingers a little." that's out of spec. 0.13mm axial and 0.18mm radial. So what hes calling minimal, is in actuality severe.

Idk about you, but I think one would be unable to describe what 0.18mm actually feels like.. I suspect that's barely noticeable.