CT-26 burning oil

SUPRASTEVE

Supra Maniak
Jun 13, 2007
So Cal
Have a good condition motor with a standard rebuild on it, however I'm running the same old turbo thats been burning oil, I am going to put a new turbo on, this upcoming long weekend. I am just curious when a turbo burns oil can you check it by opening your radiator cap when motor is cold, by looking for water on oil like a bhg? Also the other thing I noticed is that the coolant hose from the turbo has pink residue that has hardened on it, it looks the color as the coolant. Its strange. I will post a pic in a bit.

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

p1611731_1.jpg

p1611731_2.jpg

SUPRASTEVE

Supra Maniak
Jun 13, 2007
So Cal
Well, changed out the turbo this weekend and it doesn't smell as bad but you can still get a wiff of oil or gas. Smells a bit like both plus the car has being making this noise for a long time. I'm debating on whether to sell this thing cuz its too much work and too much money for a dude like me going to school and working a crummy job. PLus this thing is making somewhat of a noise like this which i asked the guys at Kaizen to check out and they said no clue. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAkL_VujPeo&feature=related The car also has bit of a miss. I will have to take video this friday because right now I just don't have that much time. So till friday.

SUPRASTEVE

Supra Maniak
Jun 13, 2007
So Cal
I don't have the usb for the camera so on my way to Fry's LOL

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

despite the little problems the car runs pretty decent.