Cruising hesitation!? Neeed help!

dylansword

Aug 10, 2011
boise id
I'm having a problem with a hesitation, or some sort of miss when I am crising at about 40 or 65. Pretty much if I am cruising at about 2500 rpm. In addition to this I am only getting 15 mpg on the highway, it is running rich. I have a maft pro installed, exhaust, fmic, walbro 255. I adjusted the tps and it got a little better, but still does it. Any help would be great, I am on my way to California. And would love to get better mpg, and no joulty ride.

Numba1Stuna

Apr 18, 2012
Nampa, ID
Didn't see a resolution, did you? Just smart ass response to his question, much like yours...

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Numba1Stuna

Apr 18, 2012
Nampa, ID
Do you know him personally? Do you have a vested interest in helping him? Have you offered any help on the situation besides snide remarks? No? I do. He is asking for any idea not already mentioned in the forum. I guess your maturity precedes you. Please, if you have another idea of what it could be, enlighten us, otherwise keep it to yourself.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Had a similar symptom with my ex-boss' wife's '89T. The problem was that the TPS was getting an intermittant short from IDL to E2, so the TCCS thought that the throttle was at idle, and would cut the fuel for an instant.

Verified it by disconnecting the TPS for a day, and cruising around in a manner that would consistently cause the problem.

Replaced TPS, problem gone. (And me kicking myself, since she was considering selling me the car for relatively cheap, then after this was fixed, she decided that she wanted to keep the car after all.)