cressida and supra 7mge?

Spade

7M or DIE Trying
Nov 26, 2007
Asheville
I have 2 motors and i have been looking on the threads about the supra heads. My motors have a distributer and wires how do you up-grade to coil packs? Is there any diff. in the two heads? Becouse i might need to use one head to fix the other cheap! Also is there any other difference in the blocks and internals?:aigo:

supra_man87

EL GUAPO
Nov 15, 2007
So. Col.
Spade said:
I have 2 motors and i have been looking on the threads about the supra heads. My motors have a distributer and wires how do you up-grade to coil packs? Is there any diff. in the two heads? Becouse i might need to use one head to fix the other cheap! Also is there any other difference in the blocks and internals?:aigo:

from my experience, (i actually have a cressida 7m in my supra due to a rod flying out of my oil pan last year) they are pretty much the same. oil pan is different cause a cressida is a front wheel drive, I guess the cross member. and becuase the oil pan is different, if i can remember, i think i had to change my oil pump as well. it was either cause of the way it its with the oipl pan being different or cause the rod kinked the brass oil lines on the pick up. that i am not 100 percent sure on. and intake is different. when the motor blew on mine, and when i got the cressida, the intake was differnent. so i had to buy a new gasket set to switch mine back over. there wasn;t enough vacume hoses on the throtle body. but from my knowledge, the head is the same, both 24 valve, and both internal are the same, both 3.0 with a compression ratio of 9.1:1. hope this helps.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Yeah everything is the same except the oil pan and pickup, and the motor mounts. If you get a JDM 7M then the throttle body will be without the 3 vac lines on the top of the TB. I believe they are used for the EGR valve, they don't use them. You will have to keep your original sensors and ECU to change over the JDM. The manifold on the one I got, the only difference was the Y pipe, it didn't have the clean out plate on top.

Spade

7M or DIE Trying
Nov 26, 2007
Asheville
supra_man87 said:
from my experience, (i actually have a cressida 7m in my supra due to a rod flying out of my oil pan last year) they are pretty much the same. oil pan is different cause a cressida is a front wheel drive, I guess the cross member. and becuase the oil pan is different, if i can remember, i think i had to change my oil pump as well. it was either cause of the way it its with the oipl pan being different or cause the rod kinked the brass oil lines on the pick up. that i am not 100 percent sure on. and intake is different. when the motor blew on mine, and when i got the cressida, the intake was differnent. so i had to buy a new gasket set to switch mine back over. there wasn;t enough vacume hoses on the throtle body. but from my knowledge, the head is the same, both 24 valve, and both internal are the same, both 3.0 with a compression ratio of 9.1:1. hope this helps.

Thanks really! That helps out a lot. Its hard to find some things out when everyone tells you to use the search tab.

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
supra_man87 said:
oil pan is different cause a cressida is a front wheel drive.

uh no. :thumbsdow cressida is RWD, the pan is diffrent because of the diffrent front suspension design.

you'll prolly have to replace the oil pump because the pickup would be diffrent but other than that its the same basic motor.

upgrading to coil packs might be a little hard im not sure if youd have to use a turbo harness and ecu or what but the setup they have does fine for stock, theres even n/a-t people running off that setup.

supra_man87

EL GUAPO
Nov 15, 2007
So. Col.
MmmBoost said:
the head itself is the same. you wont have a problem there.

also, the compression is determined by the pistons, not the head. na = 9.1:1, turbo = 8.5:1
ok i take blame on the cressida. i admit i don;t know that much about it and i guess we learn a little bit more everyday. but on he was asking about if there was anything different in the engine. not just the head.