Crashed my R1 today

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
D34DC311;1302185 said:
That's the problem most people who ride don't ride like that, they get used to the bike and become to comfortable with it.

careless retards... :icon_bigg

Im still trying to figure out what the OP is talking about. I don't see how you could have your hands in all of those places under normal circumstances (I.E. not doing a burnout)

SySt

Mar 30, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota
mkiiSupraMan18;1302203 said:
careless retards... :icon_bigg

Im still trying to figure out what the OP is talking about. I don't see how you could have your hands in all of those places under normal circumstances (I.E. not doing a burnout)

I always ride using my right index and middle fingers for the front brake lever and the other fingers on my right hand for the throttle whenever I am using the brakes. That allows me to blip the throttle under braking for smooth downshifting. I guess the bike surprised me and for what ever reason I could not close the throttle in that position.

Isphius

Supra-less :(
May 30, 2006
long branch
SySt;1302312 said:
I always ride using my right index and middle fingers for the front brake lever and the other fingers on my right hand for the throttle whenever I am using the brakes. That allows me to blip the throttle under braking for smooth downshifting. I guess the bike surprised me and for what ever reason I could not close the throttle in that position.

Yes this has happened to me several times on dirt bikes. For some reason (panic response?) you just cant let go of either the throttle or brake. I never got hurt because of it but after a second or 2 your brain takes back over. The only street bike ive ever had was a honda vf 500 and that was even scary for me. Those v4s are pretty torquey. I dont think id ever take a modern 1000+ out of the driveway...but thats just me

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
mkiiSupraMan18;1302179 said:
^ Sure, if you're careless and/or a retard.

I've known 10x more people who have died in car accidents.

Ride like everyone is out to kill you, and you'll do fine.
Everyone is out to get you....

I got ran off the road into a ditch last year on hwy 94 between st.cloud and fargo going 90mph, a minivan switched lanes into me and I took the ditch. OI was beyond lucky in not hitting any pot holes and being able to bring it back onto the road.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
LOL when I ride..... I damn paranoid... I grab clutch.. Sometimes you freeze tho.. Life man sometimes it happens...