Cranking but no start

Supra-Kid315

Nov 5, 2007
Cambridge
I'm new 2 supras and the 7mgte engine and I have been piecing a gte 2gether so finally got wat I needed and droped it in a week ago, I started 2 reconnect everything and put everything bac 2gether. I have followed everything step by step according 2 the service manual. but when I went 2 go start it all I get is cranking, I checked 2 c if the coils are getting power and they are, I checked all fuses, checked 2 c if I'm getting fuel which I am, I also did a 5spd sway and slpiced 2 wire 2gether according 2 wat I read in a thread (white and black wire splice 2gether and now ecu thinks its in park so i can start it), 2marrow ima check the injectors 2 c if they are opening up. and the injectors are getting power.

any advice on wat I should check would b great.

thanks,
--Frank

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
for fucks sake TO TOO TWO BE SEE.

do you have fuel? how long did you try to crank it? you didnt hear even 1 cyl fire off?

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
Supra-Kid315;930350 said:
yea I'm getting fuel, but I don't hear any spark plugs firing or anything.

Pull a spark plug at a time and turn over the engine...see if you're getting spark on all your plugs

Supra-Kid315

Nov 5, 2007
Cambridge
so that's good news that the ecu is getting a signal but I'm going to check for spark and see if my injectors are sparying first thing in the morning

Supra-Kid315

Nov 5, 2007
Cambridge
ok turns out i had the wrong injectors in the car (7mge injectors):3d_frown: so im going to swap them out and also i dont think i have everything grounded for the coils and stuff so ima get to that, anyone have a picture of where the EFI grounding points are