Crank pulley

sp617m

Oct 27, 2008
Prescott az
So was wondering what are the pro and cons on running a solid crank pulley on a 1j. And also i head from some people that you should only run the dampener need as much help as possiple thanks.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Pros:
-Cheap
Cons:
-Eat bearings and cause other damage to internal components costing much more to fix than the cost of a real dampener.

10secdream

Got Boost?
Sep 11, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Personally I would stick with the stock crank pully/harmonic balancer. Unless yours has torn into a million pieces or you are making a huge amount of horsepower, the stock one will suffice.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
If the rubber is falling apart it's trash, if you weld it it's no better than a solid pulley. The one you linked to is an ATI dampener and is usually a bit lighter than stock but is a true dampener.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
if you are looking for a replacement they should be cheap used as they are the same on the GE's... (i even had a few extra but cleaned my parts out)

http://www.titanmotorsports.com/timoda2jcrpu.html

if you want to save a dollar

the pro's and con's are well documented and you lose all respect if you just get the 'fuck it' mentality and use a solid one anyway =P and the 'we told you so' will follow suite.

i like comparing solid pulleys to asbestos, sure you are ok for now but a bit down the road.. BAM

woodytsi

Supramania Contributor
Apr 23, 2005
spring,tx
Supratrbox2;1488826 said:
my crank pulley started to wobble then came off. went with the fluidamper 2jz one. looks great and fit perfect. got it from summit.

i have the same one