Crank Pulley wobbling...

gttwinturbomk3

May 17, 2007
New Zealand
It would be interesting to know exactly why your pulley was wobbling??
I have had to deal with the same problem. When i bought my 1ggte it was a bit wobbly. And that was ok i didnt worry about it but as time got on it got worse and noisey. But i still didnt do anything about it which was a bit silly!
Then the day came i am giving it gas and the car starts showing red lights everywhere. So i pull over thinking to myself i think i know what that is:nono: Here iam on the side of the road looking under the bonnet and my freaken pulley is not there:eek2: So to cut along story short $1500 later it was all better! With mine the pin eventually came right off i think with your pulley it may be the pin getting more loose too? At least you wont have too worry about crankshaft repairs! lol lol

gttwinturbomk3

May 17, 2007
New Zealand
87Superdupra said:
i just dislocated my shoulder so it is going to take longer to get pulley off. but your saying that maybe the pin is the problem?

Yes it usually gets loose after long time and then pulley wobbles and eventually as i described falls off! Sorry to here about your shoulder that isnt to good! When you get around to looking at it i am keen to no if it was the pin that has caused it to wobble?