Crank pulley removal help plz

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
Currently looking in the TSRM on how to get the pulley off. I'm removing my underdrive pulley which is a p.o.s... for a new OEM pulley.. YAY! I have the stubborn as hell bolt out, but the pulley does not slide out ??? For those of you that might by some chance have a underdrive pulley from Unorthodox... I pray for you cuz I am hoping nothing else is damaged. Before I even loosened the pulley bolt, I could literally wobble the pulley around with my hand. I dunno if the pulley sheared somehow or what, but the bolt is out, and the belts are off, and I can't get the damn thing the rest of the way out. Please tell me what I'm missing or what I need to do.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
It comes off with a puller tool, not by hand. When it is almost off, it will likely fall off. Seems like the anchor bolts are 8 X 1.25. But if those don't fit, don't force it. Get the 6 X 1.0.

wardog

R.G.V WARDOG
Jan 19, 2006
ALTON, TX
Your local toyota dealer most likely carries the key for the crank. Now inspect the crank for any damage, too much whobbling of the crank pulley can open the key hole. Dont ask how i know :) good luck....