Crank no start, no inj pulse, no spark

DOHCtorB

Nov 17, 2009
Ohio
Hello, ive just swapped a 7mge into my 87 supra...i had it running fine for an hour, then it started surging, then loaded up and dumped fuel...now it wont run at all. I have no spark, and no injector pulse...ive checked the resistances and air gaps in the distributor, and my coil wires have 12 volts...im rather stumped here guys...it ran and now it doesnt, and ive checked and checked..coming to witts end, so any help is appreciated...thank you

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Have you checked for codes?

Is the grounds on the intake manifold tight?

Ecu plugged in all the way?

DOHCtorB

Nov 17, 2009
Ohio
no i havent checked for codes, but theres no mil on....the intake grounds are tight yes and the ecu plugs are tight.

DOHCtorB

Nov 17, 2009
Ohio
okay, thank you...ive been working on this for 3 days now and im getting to my witts end, i need to get it running lol

DOHCtorB

Nov 17, 2009
Ohio
I determined that i have reference voltage while cranking. I just have no injector pulse and no spark now...It just really bugs me, because it ran fine, then it started surging...after that it started idling very rough and blowing raw fuel out of the exhaust. now it wont even run at all. Im just not sure where i should try looking next

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
You can start by telling us if the check engine light is on with the key in the on position or if you have any stored codes.

DOHCtorB

Nov 17, 2009
Ohio
Sorry...I thought i posted that already. No, I have no engine light with key on or cranking...and theres no stored codes

---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 AM ----------

sorry, i thought i posted that. I have no check engine light with the key on...and i dont have any stored codes

DOHCtorB

Nov 17, 2009
Ohio
at the data link connector under the hood i have no voltage at the b+ terminal witht the key on...but i have voltage at the ign- ...i changed the main relay, and all my underhood fuses are good. Like i said before my distributor resistances and air gaps checked fine. I know thats what communicates to the ecu and tells the igniter and the fuel injectors to fire...and i have neither of those. So im thinking either wiring issue or possibly an ecu?

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
First you say there's no reference, then you say there's reference only when cranking. Now there's no +B? Without +B there can be no reference, even when cranking. Nor will the MIL or anything else in the EFI system work.

DOHCtorB

Nov 17, 2009
Ohio
ive figured out the b+ problem..now the ecu has power and the motor starts, but she surges...if i pinch off the air tube from the throttle body to the idle control motor the motor smooths out and idles fine...if i take it off and run the tests on it, the resistance is fine and the motor runs in and out.