cps wire colors.

Zer0Suvivers

Apr 25, 2009
California
ok. i got my 1990 toyota supra turbo. and the cps wires have been spliced. and dont have the actuall connecter. so im wondering if anyone knows what wires need to be connected to make it work. i tryed re splicing it into a new connector. but i think i got something mixed up. any and all help is much appericiated

ilovemysupra

Oct 5, 2008
Melrose, MN
Zer0Suvivers;1382680 said:
ok. i got my 1990 toyota supra turbo. and the cps wires have been spliced. and dont have the actuall connecter. so im wondering if anyone knows what wires need to be connected to make it work. i tryed re splicing it into a new connector. but i think i got something mixed up. any and all help is much appericiated

gunna run outside and check... a 89 should be the same right?

ilovemysupra

Oct 5, 2008
Melrose, MN
ilovemysupra;1382730 said:
gunna run outside and check... a 89 should be the same right?

harness side- blue matches to red, black matches to yellow, yellow matches to green and red also matches to a YELLOW wire... i didn't see any stripes on the two yellow wires... hope it helps

Zer0Suvivers

Apr 25, 2009
California
ok.. well i checked. and my blue wires have turned green. lol so i was a little confused. but i did some research.. and its black to black. red to red. blue to blue. and yellow to yellow. but there are two yellows and im just guessing when i connect the black. but im sure i got it... but.. now my battery is dead.. so i have to wait. but i will let you know if it works

Zer0Suvivers

Apr 25, 2009
California
ok well i figured out the wiring for it.. but could the ignition timing be so far off that it wont start? i have never take out my cmp until now.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Zer0Suvivers;1383056 said:
ok.. well i checked. and my blue wires have turned green. lol so i was a little confused. but i did some research.. and its black to black. red to red. blue to blue. and yellow to yellow. but there are two yellows and im just guessing when i connect the black. but im sure i got it... but.. now my battery is dead.. so i have to wait. but i will let you know if it works

Judging from my '89:
CPS.................Harness
Green.................Red
Red....................Blue (probably your "green")
Tan (or white?)....Black
Yellow................Yellow

You hooked them up wrong...the colors do not match (except for yellow) from the CPS to harness side ;)

Zer0Suvivers

Apr 25, 2009
California
ok i changed it. i will have to get someone to jump me and we will see. i have a bundle of like 3 wires that are together. so i guess i will swap them if it doesnt work.

thanx for the clearup. the wiring diagram for it doesnt say much. so yeah. haha. but i will let you know what happens.