Couple Questions (wiring)

bishop40k

Feb 9, 2008
Lafayete, IN
While trying to finish up doing my horrible supra project (87 turbo 5 spd to N/A Auto). I have found a couple of plugs/wires that I cannot find a mate for, and one that is broken and I dunno what it is supposed to hook to. Below are images showing the wires/plugs in question along with their locations.

I have replaced the engine harness and both dash harnesses (including fuseblocks) with items from an N/A auto 87 Supra, but all body harnesses are still from the Turbo 5spd car.

Small plug under fuse box in engine bay:
p1557906_1.jpg

3 pin blue plug next to ignition coil:
p1557906_2.jpg

White plug under steering column:
p1557906_3.jpg

O1 (?) plug on passenger side kick panel:
p1557906_4.jpg

Wondering if N/A auto non-ABS cars came without whatever the last plug goes into to.
And for the people asking why I'm doing the turbo 5spd to N/A Auto. Bought car with blown engine for 5spd swap parts for my 89 Cressida, wife talked me into taking the N/A auto stuff from my cressida (which is going 2jzge-r154) and put it into the Supra. So instead of either a) letting another supra shell go to the junkyard, or b) trying to sell a drivetrain-less Supra, I opted to spend countless hours trying to go 5spd to auto (PITA BTW)

Scruggs86.5T

Dec 8, 2007
Slidell, LA
well I know one for sure off of the top of my head that I just messed with on my car. The bottom one is Q1, it is used for the TEMS computer. I cant really tell to much about the other ones. I know the second one looks familiar, I just cant place it right now, and really dont have time to find it at the moment. Is it on the engine harness side or body harness side?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Second one would be the noise filter. It connects and then gets grounded. Its a tiny lil thing.

For some reason i dont think no1 pic doesnt get used.

Supraflymk3

Supraman
Dec 17, 2005
Neenah, Wisconsin, United States
Correct the no 1 pic doesn't get used. second one is noise filter like hvyman said, picture three looks like one of the radio plugs but i guess alot of the plugs look the same, not too sure about 3 and the fourth I don't think is for the TEMS computer because the TEMS computer is in the back by the antenna. I believe the fourth one is for the Transmission Control Module. You said this engine and trans is out of a cressida so if you're using the Cressida ECU you don't need to worry about that plug because the Cressida Transmission control is built into the ecu. If you're using a Supra ecu you'll have to get an auto trans control module. They're just a little metal box with two brackets. its about a 3x3" box and about an inch thick. hopes this helps you out.

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
The white plug under the column is used on my car and I just happen to have my dash apart chasing down problems myself, If nobodys told you where it goes ill get a picture of it tomorrow for you.

Scruggs86.5T

Dec 8, 2007
Slidell, LA
The fourth one "is" for the TEMS computer, this the where it connects to everything in the front half of the car. This looks like the side of the plug that actually runs to the rear of the car to the TEMS computer.

bishop40k

Feb 9, 2008
Lafayete, IN
Ok, well a little more information. The engine and tranny are from the Cressida, BUT I removed all wiring and swapped it over to pre-89 Supra wiring. The Supra originally had TEMS and ABS, BUT the donor N/A Auto that I got my dash harnesses from did NOT, so the bottom most picture wouldn't have anywhere to plug.

So 1st pic's wire just ignore? 2nd pic's wire needs something to connect and ground out? (Noise filtering for stereo or ECU functions?) 4th pic's wire can be ignored since no TEMS wiring in dash to connect everything. I will try and get a better picture of #3 sometime today as I try and put part of the interior back together.

bishop40k

Feb 9, 2008
Lafayete, IN
SupaMan, any idea what that plug controls? I'm thinking it may be something that the original turbo-5sp dash harnesses had that the new n/a-auto harness doesn't. hvyman, is that noise filter on a turbo or n/a? I don't remember seeing anything like that in either the cressida bay or the turbo bay, so may be a part I have to acquire if it's really something important.

Supraflymk3

Supraman
Dec 17, 2005
Neenah, Wisconsin, United States
bishop40k;1562004 said:
SupaMan, any idea what that plug controls? I'm thinking it may be something that the original turbo-5sp dash harnesses had that the new n/a-auto harness doesn't. hvyman, is that noise filter on a turbo or n/a? I don't remember seeing anything like that in either the cressida bay or the turbo bay, so may be a part I have to acquire if it's really something important.

Not exactly sure what it controls, but the noise filter always plugs in right next to the ignitor on a turbo model or the coil pack on an n/a. they are on both turbo and non turbo. The part that gets bolted down gets bolted down by one of the bolts that holds the ignitor bracket down.

---------- Post added at 08:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 AM ----------

Disregard my first sentence, for some reason I thought I was SupaMan. lol

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
My car is an n/a 5spd sport package, Im not sure what it goes to at all i couldnt seem to see where the wires went.

Id try to show you but my car is back together again right now if i get a chance ill pull the bottom panel and take another look but ive been sick as hell.