Couple Busted for Refusing to Pay Tip...wow

savannahashlee

I AM A CHICK :)
Jan 15, 2008
PDX (Oregon)
See.. everyone is talking about how most states lower your wage to accommodate your tips..

That does not happen here in Oregon for serves.. You get minimum wage regardless... Then ontop of the $9.00/hr you get, you get to keep all your tips.. So, I dont tip unless the server deserves it, period. When the server goes above and beyond what is expected of them, then I tip accordingly. Like Supramario said, I dont get tipped for my job, and I do above what is expected of me.

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
Keros;1457776 said:
Who's going to want to eat a resturant that will arrest you if you don't leave a good tip for their shitty service?

That 15 bucks they wanted so bad is going to fuck them out of alot of customers. Personally, I'd have paid them off then slandered their name to anyone who'd listen, because it's just not worth the legal hassle of getting charged with theft, unsubstantiated or not.

True

But, got to admit, it's reaching a whole lot more people then they could have told, word of mouth. :bigthumb:

The Juggernaut

Aug 26, 2008
Saint Louis
Drake69;1455717 said:
"TIPPING" is not a province in China... :biglaugh:

I tip 10% if the service could've been more. I tip 20% if the service is outstanding. I tip nothing if I want to kick the ass of the obstinate, insufferable, snoddy SOB that couldn't give a shit less about my needs. I could care e'ffin less if they expect it or not. I already know they base their wages on it. But I will NEVER reward bad service, no matter what the person bemoans. I'm sorry, but if you have a bad day and are looking to take it out on a couple of patrons DON'T FUKIN' SHOW UP FOR WORK. I shouldn't have to be punished because you got a silver spoon stuck up your ass that morning. A restaurant is a business, and NO, the customer is not always right. But if the customer shows you respect for you working your job, you better DAMN SURE appreciate his money, or else you'll get shit to show for it.

What's wrong with this country? Whiny, self-expectant, jackasses. :: angry ::

Amen brother.

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
heeey i lived in Bethlehem PA. lol. Good for them, take a stand. BUT as a server, waiting a long time for food is NOT THE SERVERS FAULT unless they pocket checked it (in other words forgot to put the order in the system). Maybe a drink and silverware but odds are the restaurant was out of rolled clean silver (since it was busy) and the server was either waiting so many tables or waiting so long for the food he forgot how long exactly to get more drinks.

Drinks are difficult at times, especially for those camels for customers. Sounds dumb, but unless you've served you simply have no idea...

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
SupraMario;1455268 said:
Some of you all will hate me for saying this, but I CANNOT STAND THIS TIPPING THING WE HAVE IN AMERICA! Its bullshit! I don't get tipped for doing my job and it is a hell of a lot harder, why the fuck should a waiter? Complaining about the poor pay? Tough fkin shit, you're doing a job pretty much anyone can do, it doesn't require skill. As savanna pointed out, I would tip the cook, why? Cause not everyone can cook a good meal.

And I again with poodles, their business is fucked, PERIOD.

This is a very ignorant comment. Complain to the gov't and society....

And yes, it DOES require skill. Not much at all, but still skill, absolutely. I can't even begin to describe how many stupid people come to a restaurant and attemp to give 'service' to customers. Its pathetic at times.

88_7mge

N/A Lover
Dec 1, 2008
Hemet, CA
dude, i've had my share of bad experiences with bitchy waitresses. worst one was 1am at a dennys with my buddy. we had just finished slamming out a clutch job on a 94 corolla and were delirious from brake cleaner fumes and tired since we had worked at the dealership until 5pm before doing that clutch job. Went in to get some food since we'd skipped dinner to get the job done. Waitress had us waiting for 15 minutes to come take our drink order, and that was just a precursor to the waiting we would have to do. When we asked for refills on our drinks she rolled her eyes at us like we were some major inconvenience to her, even though there was only one other group in the restaurant that night. After 90 minutes of shitty service we stiffed her on the tip, my buddy actually wrote on the back of the check that if she wasnt so much of a bitch she would have gotten a decent tip. To this day i dont feel the least bit bad about that.

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
^many people deserve it. Its just very frustrating with assholes that insist on tipping shitty with great service. Happens all the time in WV compared to other places.