Could a blown HKS head gasket be a cause of running lean?

7mgangsta

Mar 19, 2011
St. Paul, MN
These are my mods, and I'm running lean no matter what I tell the safc to do. I'm thinking safc wire connections to the ecu, or the hks metal head gasket that is leaking. I'm sick of guessing and wondering...
Ported/polished head, HKS head gasket, ARP head studs, 3" turbo back exhaust, 24"*12"*3" aluminum intercooler w/ 3" aluminum piping, 550cc injectors, Lexus AFM, walbro 255, fuelab afpr with fuel feed bypass, AEM wideband and APEXi SAFC, Bilstein adjustable shocks w/ RSR track springs and Cusco top hats, drilled and slotted rotors, chrome mk4 wheels-16*8 front & 16*9 rear, new black carpet, TRD suede steering wheel, suede & cloth racing seats.

7mgangsta

Mar 19, 2011
St. Paul, MN
What's a good fuel pressure to run, I have a fuelab with a gauge so that's simple. I don't think this one is so simple. I run non-oxygenated pump gas. Reason for BHG isn't priority to me, I'm interested in why it's running lean still, even after I put a high pressure fuel pump and afpr in. Okay this is what happened, it was running, meh okay/healthy and I took it for a long pull up to about 120mph, after that, it ran lean and boggy(lean) under boost. So I'm thinking that I pushed something to it's limits on that one hard pull.