Correct plumbing of an oil filter mount with 4 ports

improved

Running!
Apr 4, 2005
California
I'm installing an oil cooling system into my Supra. I used a oil filter mount similar to Gilsdorf. When I looked how the inlets and outlets were set, I figured that the oil hoses going in and out of the mount would be on opposing sides, but he mounted his on the same side. Am I safe to assume this is the correct way of connecting this filter mount?

On a side note, would I be able to run my Oil Pressure and Temperature gauges from the additional ports?

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Thank you,

Matt-

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
there should be arrows on the remote mount pointing "in" and "out." it doesnt appear to be hooked up right. take a pic of the top of the remote mount
-pete

improved

Running!
Apr 4, 2005
California
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

I can't get these photo's to resize in photobucket my apologies.

Here are the arrows and the second picture is the underside.

Matt-

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
you need to plumb the oil line going from the engine to the "in" arrow on one side of the remote mount, and the line going from the remote mount "out" on the other side of the mount.
basically you cant run both lines on the same side of the remote mount.... at least on mine you cant. and if you could, it would restrict flow since the oil would have to make a 180 degree turn

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
^ Uhm no

It is made in a way that you can decide which in / out port's to use, so you can do it from one side to another, or on one side only, and then just block off the 2 unused ports

Panchira!

Cressida+1jz+GKT550= :)
Jan 3, 2008
black hole
Jaguar_5;1099939 said:
It is made in a way that you can decide which in / out port's to use, so you can do it from one side to another, or on one side only, and then just block off the 2 unused ports

^^thanks for getting it right! improved: it seems you are trying to make it harder than it is. just follow how it says on the remote mount the arrows point in and out. some thermostats have markings too. and the block adapter has markings too! follow the picture on your other thread. just keep it simple. and dont make crazy custom mounts.....because if it breaks then you have to have/get another custom one made. this is going in a cressida so im setting it up (filter mount) differently

heres some explained pics:

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
Jaguar_5;1099939 said:
^ Uhm no

i stand corrected.... thats why i mentioned the possibility of being incorrect.
you learn new things every day. now i can change the plumbing on my setup.
thanks
-pete

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
sneakypete;1099883 said:
you need to plumb the oil line going from the engine to the "in" arrow on one side of the remote mount, and the line going from the remote mount "out" on the other side of the mount.
basically you cant run both lines on the same side of the remote mount.... at least on mine you cant. and if you could, it would restrict flow since the oil would have to make a 180 degree turn

sneakypete;1100646 said:
i stand corrected.... thats why i mentioned the possibility of being incorrect.
you learn new things every day. now i can change the plumbing on my setup.
thanks
-pete

I see no sign of you mentioning you could be wrong? :dunno:

All you have to do is follow the directions that comes with each component, It's really not complex by any means

As far as using the two unused ports for sensors, yes you can do it, but personally I chose to get post oil cooler temps by placing a T after the T-Stat on the way back to the engine, check later on in my build thread for pics

Panchira, what kind of thermostat is that? Crazy looking thing :)

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
sneakypete;1099883 said:

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
oooo... you got me there
because i honestly didnt think you could route the lines that way... and now i know from your experience that you in fact can do so.