Oil Pump 2.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Oil Pump 3.jpg
    Oil Pump 3.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 11

peter551984

Aug 16, 2008
Puerto Rico
What type of wires Do I need just to install it and get it start just to set upt the engine?
Can I use stock ECU just to start the engine or I have to modife everything just to star up the engine and get it on....

MkIII FTW

Aug 31, 2009
Huntsville
Well what have you done with the engine? What parts do you have or want? I read the thread and I'm having a hard time really understanding what you are looking at getting out of the motor. If you are unsure about what you want it to do, it will be hard for others to help you out. My suggestion at the moment is really take some time out and write out a product plan..... realistic output goals and performance. When you make out your product plan, you need to add I would say at least a 20% contingency ( basically how much extra are you going to spend) because I can guarantee you there will be a lot of head wind with a project like this one. I wouldn't worry with wires or things like that until you are absolutely sure what it is that you want. When you get that, then you will what kind of question you need to ask first. I'm not trying to tell you what to do, just food for thought.

peter551984

Aug 16, 2008
Puerto Rico
I`m building the motor the chassi is not a problem... I already have a friend that just do it and run 9.6sec in a 1/4 mile... I don`t want to go that fast I prefer drift so not so much power and better handling is my prioritie but I want a motor that can handle some abusements....

CressiDuh

Mar 25, 2012
Charleston, SC
Well I'm all for the goal of a quick ae86 especially with a 7m but with what you want an iron block I6 probably isn't what you want lots of extra weight(100-150lbs) in the front messes up the cars balance. That being said 7ms are cheaper than most motors of their capability and people want to get rid of them (their loss) but you may also want to look into a 1uz for what you want it's a little lighter fits nicer and easier to find parts for.
4age~230lbs
7mge~350lbs
1uz~330lbs