Coolant tubes dont match Cygnus diag.

aheroicrevolt

Le Kittens Meow
Sep 30, 2012
Grand Rapids MI
My coolant hard lines dont match the cygnus diagram. I have four openings all near eachother where as the cygnus diagram shows one coming from the intake side of the block labeled "from heater" as well....I do not have that entry. Also ihave anexit on the exhaust side that is not pictured in the cygnus. Please tell me what connects to what. Thank you

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
The lowest one gets capped off.
The upper one goes to the heat valve on the firewall.
The other 2 get a 90* hose to each other.

aheroicrevolt

Le Kittens Meow
Sep 30, 2012
Grand Rapids MI
That doesn't make sense to me. Why would they leave a hole and say "cap this one off"? Hmmm.
Well my other problem is that, I don't have the inlet "from heater" on the intake side, which means I don't have an entry for the coolant.
Also I'm running without a heatercore, so really I just need to run a hose from "heater in" to "heater out".
As long as someone tells me what to do about my "in" problem!

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
aheroicrevolt;2007522 said:
That doesn't make sense to me. Why would they leave a hole and say "cap this one off"? Hmmm.
Well my other problem is that, I don't have the inlet "from heater" on the intake side, which means I don't have an entry for the coolant.
Also I'm running without a heatercore, so really I just need to run a hose from "heater in" to "heater out".
As long as someone tells me what to do about my "in" problem!
why would make universal parts for 2 markets when you could make unique parts for each one and past the cost on to the customers?

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
atmperformance;2007596 said:
why would make universal parts for 2 markets when you could make unique parts for each one and past the cost on to the customers?

Umm- Pass the cost on to the customers??
I think they might have wanted to just go ahead and sell more cars, rather than raising the price even higher.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
atmperformance;2007596 said:

...which they did for 89+ cars.

aheroicrevolt

Le Kittens Meow
Sep 30, 2012
Grand Rapids MI
Gotcha. So its the same on both RHD and LHD vehicles, so is it possible the one that others are saying to cap off is actually my "from heater" (inlet)? and then the center tube sticking straight up on the back of the block is the "to heater" (exit)?
would it hurt anything if I hooked it up this way? Last thing I want is pressurized coolant trying to flow in opposite directions in the same tube aka coolant at a standstill.....

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
aheroicrevolt;2007505 said:
My coolant hard lines dont match the cygnus diagram. I have four openings all near eachother where as the cygnus diagram shows one coming from the intake side of the block labeled "from heater" as well....I do not have that entry. Also ihave anexit on the exhaust side that is not pictured in the cygnus. Please tell me what connects to what. Thank you

on my car, we welded shut the bottom right tube in your pic.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Ive used that in the past as well, but it will eventually crack from exhaust heat.
I installed my last one with some reflective DEI heat tape around it, and it lasted for 6+ years, with no cracking.

aheroicrevolt

Le Kittens Meow
Sep 30, 2012
Grand Rapids MI
GUYS! JESUS CHRIST I DONT HAVE A "FROM HEATER" INLET ON THE INTAKE SIDE OF THE FRICKEN PIPE-can we concentrate on that?, THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME FIX THE RANDOM TUBE ON THE EXHAUST SIDE with a cap now lets move on....lol

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
If it's a Jdm engine then that's your problem.

You could explain it better as well. Usually when people get mad that's when the help stops.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
aheroicrevolt;2008875 said:
GUYS! JESUS CHRIST I DONT HAVE A "FROM HEATER" INLET ON THE INTAKE SIDE OF THE FRICKEN PIPE-can we concentrate on that?, THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME FIX THE RANDOM TUBE ON THE EXHAUST SIDE with a cap now lets move on....lol

Meaning you have an 89+ motor that's either JDM or from some other RHD country. Best thing to do in this case would be to replace the line with a LHD piece from an 89+

suprasick

Hey look...a Supra!
Mar 17, 2006
Milton, Washington
Or you could just give it a reach around.... wait, I mean reach the hose up and around to the LHD side of the heater control. Or another way to put it, use the RHD heater connection, that most people cap off, and run a hose up and around to your heater connection. The proper way would be to replace the metal pipe with one that has LHD heater connections. But that means pulling the motor.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Looks like the motor isn't in the car... I'd swap the hardline as it would be a complete nightmare to deal with a hose looped around like that when it fails...