Coolant Reservoir Tank

mjmendoza

May 7, 2007
San Jose
My overflow tank is really overflowed. I know its probably a BHG.. but my car still has power and i changed both upper and lower radiator hoses. I flushed the whole cooling system out (not the overflow tank because i didnt know how to flush it). What else could be causing the problem? Probably a BHG but what else?

mjmendoza

May 7, 2007
San Jose
Nope. No milky stuff under the oil cap. The color is red because of the coloant i used. I didnt try to change the cap yet. Ill try that next.

mjmendoza

May 7, 2007
San Jose
Tire Shredder;952073 said:
is the car overheating? time for a pressure test of the coolant system. check your oil for milkyness.

there car isnt overheating.. my oil is fine. i just changed it a couple weeks ago and the old oil wasnt milky at all.

supramacist

Banned
Apr 8, 2006
The Grassy Knole
A few weeks ago is bogus dude.
This damage comes out of nowhere.
Stop being a goofball and check your damn oil.

They aren't trying to help you for there benefit and you're arguing with them.
If you're overflowing coolant...., you could have it in your oil and if you do.

BHG. So check it. And for christ sakes stop driving it before you kill it.

And the rad cap not sealing propperly can create suction which will cause you to over flow.

kingsupra

Jul 14, 2006
d-town,colorado
im having the same problems

I replaced the pretty much everything that has to do with the cooling system. water pump, thermostat, radiator, all hoses imaginable (radiator, ones by the egr, heater hoses, ones that run by the intake), replaced the cap, even did a BHG job, did everything i could to get air out of the system. haven't heard the sound for about two weeks. but my coolant overflow tanks is always full after a drive!!! its sometimes gets so full that coolant will boil out and start dripping everywhere. there's no sign of coolant anywhere in the oil.

another issue is everytime i refill the radiator after it has cooled down, i will start the car and there's always a purge of coolant that rushes into the radiator and forces coolant into the over flow.

i am seriously sis of seeing green liquid. can anyone help me

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
kingsupra;981903 said:
im having the same problems

I replaced the pretty much everything that has to do with the cooling system. water pump, thermostat, radiator, all hoses imaginable (radiator, ones by the egr, heater hoses, ones that run by the intake), replaced the cap, even did a BHG job, did everything i could to get air out of the system. haven't heard the sound for about two weeks. but my coolant overflow tanks is always full after a drive!!! its sometimes gets so full that coolant will boil out and start dripping everywhere. there's no sign of coolant anywhere in the oil.

another issue is everytime i refill the radiator after it has cooled down, i will start the car and there's always a purge of coolant that rushes into the radiator and forces coolant into the over flow.

i am seriously sis of seeing green liquid. can anyone help me
I'd think you just might be over filling it. Or maybe the cap is not doing it's job, it happens if you by a cheapo one.