coolant leaking issue

dooms

shadegarage mechanic
Sep 23, 2010
Virginia
okay guys and gals, hate to say it but mr.showoff here was doggin tha supra the other day and when i come home to show off my shiney cold air intake i notice im leaking alot of coolant from the front of my block. now first off i thought it was BHG, i mean its a 7mge, gotta be right? well looked at it at 7'o clock this morning and it is leaking not from the radiator, not from the headgasket (from what i can tell, everything is still together) but seems to be leaking from the back of the water pump, not the front part which is the pump itself but the housing of the pump that connects to the block. im not sure what could have caused this, high rpms in 2nd gear for like ten seconds? or just normal wear and tear. im not sure. going to take it to dealer or shop and get it looked at but ill probably strip it and fix it depending on what it is. wish me luck and if you have had this happen please throw in some pointers, thanks!

also, if it helps it leaks when running and when off. when its off i can squeeze the top radiator hose going to the block and it makes it leak a considerable amount more from right behind the waterpump, i have a ground view up right to the pump all i see is one constant green drip coming from the bottom of the housing of the water pump.

Last edited:

dooms

shadegarage mechanic
Sep 23, 2010
Virginia
thanks for the link, helped me get a better look at whats going on. turns out we finally got it on a lift and seen that a hose looked pretty spongy on the end, tightened for now and its sealed up, gonna wait till tomorrow get a cold start and see if its leaking then. thinking hose just adapted back due to heat. VERY glad its not the HG tho :icon_bigg still smooth as a kitten