Coolant Leak

My car been running for a week after head gasket replacement after a BHG. When it first started up it started smoking from the exhaust side under the CPS area. I thought it was either a bad o-ring from the Cps that is creating the smoking or a rubber coolant hose because I was also loosing a little bit of cooalant. I let it sit for a couple days because I was busy with other stuff. Today, went and replace the O-ring in the Cps because I thought it might be causing the smoke. Well it stopped smoking but the coolant leak got worst. I filled it up and drove for around 5 mins and the "Bird Cage" (Low Coolant) light popped up. I went home and looked under the car and a puddle started to form. I lifted the car up and tried to find where it was coming from but I couldn't find it because the leak started to go away because I turned the car off. I'm just wondering is there any coolant hoses around that area that could be causing the leak. I know for sure its not the two coolant hose that comes from the turbo so I dont really have a clue where it can be coming from. Thanks.:: angry ::

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
(If my wife reads this, I'll have some 'splainin to do.)

I "lost" my 7M-GE to that little coolant line that goes from the heater core return to the water inlet. The little 90 degree bend one. That line split on me, and puked my coolant all over the freeway. So... I obviously had no choice but to start work on the 7M-GTE swap, since everything was going to cost about the same anyway...

But check that coolant hose. It's in such a nasty location, almost but not QUITE as bad as the little 90 degree hose at the back of the engine.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I had a small coolant leak from the hose that runs to the back of the engine, it was leaking all over my bell housing. Just put coolant in the car and let it run then try to spot the leak as best as you can, good thing about coolant leaks is you can find them fairly easily. Especially your coolant lines are rusted like mine.