Coolant leak...lost on where. Help!

585Soup

Mar 12, 2015
Colorado
Noticed a puddle under my car today..this starting after replacing the radiator I'm assuming, because prior the top hose would never get pressure. Now it's firm. But anyways..

The leak is dripping off the cradle on the drivers side. It looks like it's coming from under the intake manifold. What is under this that could leak? Checking the side of the block, right under where the block plugs are, it seems to be puddling up. The plugs arent wet, so I don't seem to think it's them. It Alnost seems to be coming from behind the alternator maybe.

Any ideas where to start would be great.

585Soup

Mar 12, 2015
Colorado
So I'm probably just best pulling the intake manifold off to say the least. Any specific gaskets needing replacing? Or are some reusable.

Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
585Soup;2044804 said:
So I'm probably just best pulling the intake manifold off to say the least. Any specific gaskets needing replacing? Or are some reusable.

just buy a cheap eristic gasket set off ebay. $50 or so for the full engine gasket set, or just buy a top end set. cheap and can replace all the shit gaskets you take off.

id try to pinpoint your leak if possible while together. dry everything up and see if you can find it, maybe put dye in the coolant? shouldn't be too hard to find.

585Soup

Mar 12, 2015
Colorado
I ordered the gasket set. I'm also borrowing a pressure tester tonight. I just hope, if it's even possible, that it's not the head gasket. But if so, then oh well. It was bound to happen.

585Soup

Mar 12, 2015
Colorado
Surprisingly, pressure test revieled the hose coming from the back of the head being the culprit. Well so far. It appears it was spliced near the T. Someone had hose clamped a connector to it so the hose could be connected again. Ordered a new hose. I'm still going to take the intake off, I'll do the valve covers and what not while I'm at it. Why would the coolant leak there and then drip on the drivers side yesterday, but today, it was leaking on the passenger side? My only guess is two leaks? Also, out of curiosity I started tightening some bracket that mounted to the drivers side of the block. It has a built in coolant line running through it. Does this also go into the block? It was loose but I was able to turn the bolts a little.