coolant in the oil

drewsh666

feeling it
Feb 12, 2008
jackson CA
Well I'm not sure yet if its a BHG. I don't have a compression tester on hand but I'm pretty sure there is coolant in the water. i drained some of the oil from the oil pan into a clean water free oil pan and moved it back and forth slowly to create a film of oil in the pan and i see visible green coolant. I gave an oil sample to a expert in the oil field to have it analyzed. The test results should be back in a couple of days. When i pulled off the the hose that connect from the valve cover to the block I noticed a lot of white residue inside of it and when i took the oil cap off i noticed some water sitting on the cam lobe that is visible from the the oil fill spot. When it runs it has a really ruff idle that moves between 490 and 680 and then dies shortly after i let it run for about 1min. So are these pretty good indicators that i have a BHG or could my turbo seal be bad causing it to leak coolant into the oil. Any info or opinion would be welcome as i spent a long time getting this motor so i wouldn't mess up anything

Attachments

• DSC01270..JPG
    DSC01270..JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC01269..JPG
    DSC01269..JPG
    142 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC01268..JPG
    DSC01268..JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC01267..JPG
    DSC01267..JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC01271..JPG
    DSC01271..JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 33

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
id say thats a bhg from picture 1 and this
i drained some of the oil from the oil pan into a clean water free oil pan and moved it back and forth slowly to create a film of oil in the pan and i see visible green coolant.

drewsh666

feeling it
Feb 12, 2008
jackson CA
The strange thing was that there was only the white crap in the hose no where else but it didn't really drain all of the oil out which i should.

drewsh666

feeling it
Feb 12, 2008
jackson CA
Just drained the oil and it has a some milky lines going through it but it didn't leak a lot into the oil so i cant get a good pic of it but there is water in the oil.

drewsh666

feeling it
Feb 12, 2008
jackson CA
Its cool the motor has a 6 month unlimited mile warranty on it if anything internal goes wrong, but the gay part is that it took me a month to get this motor and put it in. So the next time around when i get this one out I'm going to have them compression test it right in front of me and the same with the leak down test.

drewsh666

feeling it
Feb 12, 2008
jackson CA
I just put this motor in like a week ago and never drove it was getting engine codes and i still need to replace the windshield so and get it smoged and registered. The place i bought it from ATARCO motors did the HG job on it and it never over heated so I'm think that the gasket didn't seat properly so maybe that's why I have a BHG. I wish i had the money right now to do a MHG but im still waiting on getting my first paycheck from my new job so when i get this motor out and take it back and pick up the other motor there suppose to give me I might just do a MHG job on it with some ARP studs at 75 lb/ft torque. What do you think the price range of the machining work would cost to do a MHG