Coolant and Oil Burning

Project-X

Jan 4, 2008
Toronto
ok guys i have a jza70 chassis that i picked up in november i put the car on the road for 2 months this summer. never had a problem til now. So what the 1jz is doing is smoking white occasionally (dosent do it all that often usually at WOT) i noticed now when i start it, it gets kind of a steam smoke coming from the tail pipe until the idle comes down then it disappears (in the middle of the summer). it also burnt oil (blue smoke) but not nearly as much as the coolant burning. it dosent have a loss of power the boost is still there and strong. i did a compression test the numbers were 1st:179, 2nd:179, 3rd:179, 4th:180, 5th:175, 6th: 179 pretty consistent. so i dun think its rings, my friends said the compression seemed high so i was wondering what compression your 1js have. i went to toyota and they did a blue test and said nothing is wrong with the head gasket at all. i havent done a leak down test yet so any suggestions? how do i test for bad turbo seals? help!!!:1zhelp:

Thanks Justin

fandffan

Aug 26, 2006
Bowling Green, OH
Those Compression readings are just right. If you do a leak down you'll find out a lot. If it's turbo seals air should come from your crank case vent I believe.