Conversion from 1JZ Intake Manififold to 7M

Slash200

Apr 20, 2011
Traunreut
Hello!

i heard that it is possible to make a conversion from the 1JZ Intakemanifold to work with the 7M.
A person in the german supra-community told me that there exists a manual for this, but i can't fount something.
Does anyone have pictures what need to be welded and so on?
sorry for my bad english ;-)

greetz from Germany

bloodasp90

JZwhore of JAPAN
Nov 9, 2007
on the river
well, i havent heird of a manual for it, But, it can be done, im doing it my self, basically you have to cut off a 7m flange, and cut off a 1jz lower runner flange, and reweld the 7m flange back into place on the 1j lower runners, but ive found you have to cut the lower runners back some for it to line up strait. if you search on here, there are severl guys who have done it before.

Slash200

Apr 20, 2011
Traunreut
does the 7m-flange fit on the pipes from the 1jz manifold? Have the pipes the same diameter? I can't check that atm because i'm at work.
Do you have some pictures of your work?

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
You can use a JZ upper manifold, but the lower manifold either has to be made especially. The port sizes differ. You'll need to make the lower manifold from both the 7M and JZ intake flanges, and make sure the angle is correct. Suruko had one made especially, you might want to ask him about it.

Slash200

Apr 20, 2011
Traunreut
Thanks, i wrote him a mail. I just need some photos for the welder that should built it for me..
Or if someone is selling his front facing manifold, I want it! ;)

Last edited:

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
The one I use appears to have had just the upper plenum cut off and welded in place off the 7M's so fitment is perfrct and everything lines up. A 1½" bar of aluminun was welded along the right side to fill the gap between the plenum and runners.
Still the best looking conversion I've seen. I bought it off a member years ago when it was still incomplete. He didn't even remember where he got it from.

SURUKO

making the supra better..
Jan 8, 2007
The tropical island....
Replied to your pm and im currently selling my 1jz ffim setup for the 7m.Look for my for sale thread.And there's plenty detailed pics of doing it in my build thread also.