control your power steering ?? it's riddle time

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Now you want to make it automatic? Isn't that what the stock system already does? I'm confused;)

Manual control of the speed input wouldn't require a processor. As I pointed out earlier I never said this couldn't be done your way but it's not the right or safe way to do it. Even the author of the article makes that clear. Because he makes several false statements it's also clear he's not an EE. Since this hack occurred to him (and you) you can bet it was also obvious to someone who is. The thing is a good engineer doesn't do hacks, especially on something that could affect safety.

I still fail to see the point in defeating a calibrated system that can react faster and safer than you could ever turn a knob. Now if you coupled it to the grip force exerted on the wheel (there are such systems) that might be a different story.

Tim: You be welcome. If I read him right he's looking for a fixed amount independent of speed. That's all he'll get with this setup. As for idle up it's done by hydraulic pressure acting directly on a two way valve which in turn supplies metered bypass air (around the throttle plate and idle speed valve) to the intake manifold.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
when it comes ot the micro procer this will not be in my hands since i don't have the big know how how to do it my bother does so i can give him the min and max vavlues and data loged wave graph and it can be alter form there

and if the if the lowest vavle does not go low eghough make it

i think this is neat idea to control your power streeing to the fullest

cause the idea is to hold the car on the dyno at ceton speed's and data log the pules with then do full speew to get the hole graugh

but in the end how many whould want this kit if i choose to make more then one

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
JJ: I'm interested in it too as once you start getting the car to where it can seriously handle, it takes a LOT to steer it at high speeds almost like there is no PS at all...

dunno if my system is worn, but i'm looking into overhauling the system and if it doesn't work, then I'm open to figuring out how I could adjust it...