confusion

suprafreak65

Sep 18, 2009
florida
okay..so at first i thought the reason was for my car to be idling high and flat spots on the powerband around 4k rpm was the ACIS system..checked it..all good..then i though it was a BHG sense the gurgling noise and the white smoke from tailpipe..checked it was also okay..transmission could do this? i heard a faulty modulator valve could cause it not to shift or poorly shift in a auto trans, also it could cause the raiator to back flow into the engine and cause a white smoke appearance from the tailpipe..is this why it tops out at 110? i mean all the power is there in the engine..i guess it could feel like a flat spot if the trans doesnt shift right? is this possible?plz correct me if any of this is false..thanks in advance

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
uh... white smoke?

That would be a problem. If it's smoking any color, you have stuff burning that shouldn't be. That could be from blown rings, blown HG, or bad valve seals, maybe a few other things.

I wouldn't be trying to top out a car that smokes. :nono:

suprafreak65

Sep 18, 2009
florida
the reason how i found the problem is i topped it out..of course i wouldnt do it again knowing there is something wrong
but is it a possibilty if its the modulator valve?
"what it does is makes it change gears at certain times,this is done by using vacuum from the engine to control the valve body,and when it goes bad you,ll know it,it wont change gears good ,and it may pull transmission fluid in from it and burn it through the engine also,this will create a white smoke from it,but it will not change gears right you may also notice a slight miss-fire at idle because of it being bad or a higher idle,those are the most common symptoms of a bad one,good luck on it hope this helps.
Source(s):
been a certified mechanic for 36 yrs."
this is what some dude yahoo answers said.. of course hes no supra expert but is he right?

oh and sorry for making a new thread my bad

suprafreak65

Sep 18, 2009
florida
damn i was hoping that could be it.. thanks tho..
reason why im getting so worried is because i have a car show coming up..dont wanna car that smokes alil so it kinda sets a date for me