Computer crashing. need help

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Depending on who made the video card, they usually have utilities that allow control of the fan and monitoring of temps.

shaggyskadude13

AAARRRGGGHH!!!!!
May 16, 2007
Rockledge, Florida
I installed cpuid and my gpu never made it past 65C while playing and it was at 52 normally. It also didnt crash while I was playing so ill keep it up every time I do play to see if I can see what the temps are like when it does. The processor cores were at 46 and 52 degrees also.

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
OK, that sounds normal. You said it hasn't crashed? Maybe the drivers did fix the issue... A reboot at least once a day helps too.

shaggyskadude13

AAARRRGGGHH!!!!!
May 16, 2007
Rockledge, Florida
It has crashed since I installed the new drivers, it just didnt crash when I was playing that time. And I did not know to restart it every day cuz I almost never restart my computer I just leave it running.

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
Yeah, restarting helps the computer. Same thing with defragmenting and running check disk at least once a month. It will keep it 'healthy' so to speak. Restarting let's the computer make any necessary system changes. A lot of files cannot be edited by the operating system while it uses them, so it uses that time to do what it needs to. Granted, everyday is not absolutely necessary, but definitely once a week. lol

So it didn't crash when you monitored the temps? Typical of most computers, they behave when scrutinized! lol

Hmmm, another thing you can do is go to control panel and open the administrative tools. Look for the event log and check each one. Usually you'll have an error with a timestamp close to the crash time and it will give you an idea. You could always just cut and paste the data to here.

Also, feel free to chime in if anyone else has any thoughts! I'm not a nazi to helpful people. lol